Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice Stevensons Hair
Stevensons are looking for an Apprentice who is passionate about the hairdressing industry and someone who really wants to become a top hairdresser in the future. All training will be completed in the salon with Heart of England Training's experienced assessor. They will visit you fortnightly to complete exams, assessments and observations.
Closing date: 02 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
03 Jan 2022
02 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Greeting clients
- Shampoo and conditioning hair
- Serving refreshments
- Completing all units of your Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing
- Organising models for your appointments
- Assisting and serving stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained the tasks will gradually increase to tasks like applying colours, blow-drying, styling etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident with good communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- You should be smart, presentable, with a good attitude to work and time keeping
- Customer focused
- Willing to learn
- Maths qualification would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given.
On successful completion of Level 2 hairdressing, there may be the opportunity to progress onto Level 3 hairdressing and a good training program.
Things to consider
Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an apprentice in the hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning.
Please be aware that when working as a hairdressing apprentice part of your daily jobs will be to clean and tidy the salon.
There will be some long periods of activity.
Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays and at least one late evening before applying for the position as this is a requirement when working in the hairdressing industry.
About the employer
Stevensons Hair Salon is an established Hair Salon, set in the heart of Bournville. We offer friendly, relaxed and contemporary services at affordable prices. The team at Stevensons pride themselves on offering the highest class of services, whilst remaining fun and approachable. At Stevensons we offer a range of unique services including Racoon permanent hair extensions, Yuko permanent Hair Straightening and Wig cutting services. We also ensure that our stylists are trained in the most up to date techniques to ensure that our clients receive the haircut that exemplifies Stevensons Hair Salon.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 firstname.lastname@example.org
- NVQ Level 2 Hair Professional standard
- Functional Skills (if required)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.