AAT Finance Apprentice TRINITY MULTI ACADEMY TRUST
Are you looking to build a long-term career in Accountancy? Then look no further! Start your career today with a LEVEL 2 or 3 apprenticeship with Trinity Multi Academy Trust and Kaplan. You will be gaining valuable workplace experience whilst working towards the AAT qualification.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
02 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Working as part of the finance team to deliver a high quality finance service for all customers, whilst undertaking, & carrying out, work to a high and safe standard to contribute to the smooth and safe running of the finance function. Training for this post will be at Trinity Academyalifa Halifax/Bradford depending on role.
- To produce monthly invoices, accurately calculating amounts owed for the year
- Inputting purchase orders on the system, gaining signatures/approvals
- Answer the telephone; deal with visitors, external customer enquiries, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times and ensuring that safety and security is maintained
- Deal with accounting duties, such as chasing monies/invoices sales and purchase ledger processing, raising purchase orders, arranging travel and course bookings and petty cash
- Producing basic financial forecasts with the support of the finance team
- Assist Finance with the payroll
- To attend team meetings and staff meetings and maintain confidentiality inside and outside the workplace
- To produce timely and data-driven financial reports for relevant colleagues
- Processing incoming and outgoing e-mails and mail. Ensuring general office duties are carried out to a high standard
Requirements and prospects
- IT skills
- Work as an effective team member and apply given instructions
- Able to apply written and verbal instructions to equipment
- Able to accurately input information onto databases
- Able to organise, plan and complete tasks
- Able to work in a school environment, around children and young people
- High personal standards and able to provide a role model for students and staff
- Seek support and advice when necessary
- Knowledge of office and accounting skills
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Excel
- An excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Prioritise and manage own time effectively
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE maths at grade C/4 or above is desirable)
- Administration/accounting or office experience is desirable but not essential
A progressive and growing trust with up to 20 finance staff, opportunities have been progressed with previous apprentices very successfully.
About the employer
In 2010, when Trinity Academy Halifax (TAH) opened in Calderdale, the plan was to address a decade of underperformance at secondary school level. Since then the academy has been rated as ‘outstanding’ twice. It has also established Trinity Institute of Education (formerly Trinity Teaching School Alliance) and the West Yorkshire Maths Hub, both of which have helped to raise pupil performance in hundreds of schools across the country. In 2015 Trinity MAT was established. It now contains ten academies covering from nursery stage through to post-16, including two brand new secondary schools opening in September 2021. The MAT has seen numerous educational changes but one thing has remained constant. We know what works, and so we have formed a group of like-minded schools to make a positive difference on a wider scale. The more young people we can support, the better. That is as complicated as we allow it to become. Our Church of England MAT is open to schools of all faiths and none. If you would like to know more about it, I would warmly welcome you to contact me for more information.
TRINITY MULTI ACADEMY TRUST
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kaplan
Foundation Certificate - AAT Level 2
Foundation covers the basic principles of accountancy, and is your starting point if you’ve never studied accountancy before. You’ll learn the basic principles of accountancy, such as double-entry bookkeeping, costing and preparing financial statements, as well as how to use accountancy software.
This level is ideal if you’re new to accountancy and finance, have previously worked in an accounts department, or are looking to change your career into accountancy.
To pass this level, you'll be examined on five units (also known as subjects), of which one includes the synoptic assessment. This tests the knowledge you have gained throughout the level, covering multiple (but not all) units. All assessments are computer-based exams (CBE).
The area you will cover include:
- Bookkeeping transactions
- Bookkeeping controls
- Elements of costing
- Using accounting software
- Foundation Synoptic Assessment
The Apprenticeship standard details the essential Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours that somebody would need to demonstrate to be a successful Accounts/Finance Assistant, this includes, General Business, Ethical Standards, Communication, Attention to Detail and Professionalism. Apprentices will need to show they are competent in all the areas detailed in the standard when they take End Point Assessment.
The Knowledge areas of the standard will be covered through completion of the AAT qualification. Skills and Behaviours are developed through workshops, e-learning, workplace training and practical experience provided ‘on-the-job’.
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.