Customer Service Apprentice PETE'S PANTRY (CLIPSTONE) LTD
Family run deli looking to add a new team member to help out in this well-known and popular local business. Future opportunity of a supervisor role may be available for the right candidate.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
03 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This position will see you experiencing all elements of working at Pete’s pantry. With a focus on customer service, you will be involved with every element, from prepping of food through to ordering produce.
Your duties will include:
- Dealing with clients - greeting clients offering exceptional customer service at all time, taking orders and communicating with other staff within the business. Taking payments of goods
- Prepping of stock and displaying ready to sell to clients
- Ordering of produce – taking note of stock and working with management to order new produce and liaise with suppliers to make sure the shop always has up to date stock
- Keeping the shop clean and tidy and adhering to health and safety including keeping up to date with Covid 19 regulations
Training/shadowing opportunities will be given in all areas.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date.
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of food
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Genuine interest a customer facing role
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Drive to learn the industry
- Smart professional appearance
- GCSE (or equivalent) Grades A to C/8-4 in English and maths
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full-time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your Specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
Pete’s Pantry is a family run business in Clipstone. Serving freshly made produce on a daily basis over two sites with a loyal and busy client base. Pete’s Pantry is a takeout deli offering such produce as sandwiches, pastries and sweet baked goods, soft drinks and hot drinks.
PETE'S PANTRY (CLIPSTONE) LTD
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Leoni Nath 01623 627 191 Leoni.Nath@wnc.ac.uk
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy, please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.