Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprentice JOLLIES HOUSE LIMITED
Looking for a lively, reliable local practitioner who wants to continue with their qualifications to be a qualified practitioner To either work in our pre-school room (Adventurers) or in our 2yr to 3yr room, (Adventurers)
Closing date: 25 Jan 2022
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Jan 2022
03 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To support the room leader and team
- Working as part of team, where all members are valued, and to be flexible
- To take an active involvement with additional activities such as parent’s evenings, open days, training and staff meetings
- Undertake certain domestic jobs within nursery, for example; preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment and such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the room leader
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to the role of Nursery Nurse Assistant
- To ensure all information received within nursery is kept strictly Adhere to the dress code of the nursery
- Keep up to date with NVQ
- Attend college/study on days requested
- Teaching and Learning
- Take part in delivering the highest standards of care throughout the nursery
- Encouraging the children to be as positive and independent as possible
- Helping to create an environment where children are happy, secure and relaxed, where they can learn and grow in confidence
- Being involved with all child activities in the Nursery and to work in co-operation with other Team members
- Assisting with practical activities where children engaged in group work need support
- Assisting with supervision of children on their arrival and departure building up positive, professional relationships with Parents
- Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoors and outdoors) and at mealtimes
- Being involved with the preparation for activities and short term planning
- Be in tune with and meet children’s individual needs at all times
- Demonstrate a commitment to understanding how children develop
- If delegated, complete daily checklists as required, such as room opening and close, outdoor, bathroom and kitchen checklists
- To ensure that meal times are a time of pleasant social sharing by modelling positive behaviours
- Take opportunities to introduce the children to new learning experiences wherever possible
- Ensure every child feels safe and secure and that regular headcounts are completed when moving children around the nursery
Health and Safety
- Ensure high standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- Wash and change children as required
- Report and record all accidents that occur under your supervision
- Take a shared responsibility for the safety of each individual child
- Only allow known and agreed adults to collect the children
- To help insure poorly children are kept comfortable and warm and parents are notified immediately in order for the child to be collected
- Ensure Welfare and Safeguarding Children procedures are followed and you know what to do in the event of an allegation being made
- Be familiar with all emergency procedures
- Ensure the correct following of the medicine policy at all times
Requirements and prospects
A nurturing and a passion to work in childcare is essential. The ability to take on tasks, listen to instruction and act accordingly. Being able to see what is going on around them, use their initiative react accordingly. Reliability is essential
Someone who is fun and nice to be around and likes a busy hectic environment and and see the funny side of things whilst remaining professional, astute and understand the importance that this role holds.
A mature and positive attitude, hard working and being able to think quick.
GCSE English Grades A – E or 4 – 9* or Functional Skills Level 1
GCSE maths Grades A – E or 4 – 9* or Functional Skills Level 1
All successful employees have the potential to increase their money and will always be rewarded occasionally.
Things to consider
Start and end times.
About the employer
We provide high quality nursery care and education and strongly believe that working in close partnership with not only your child but also you as a parent, carer or family member is invaluably important. Our facilities are fresh and contemporary yet offer traditional childcare in a home from home environment. We strive to promote the family values of love, trust and respect in all that we do. From the moment that your child is entrusted into our care their individual wants and needs will be paramount and our continuous priority.
HAWK MANAGEMENT (UK) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hawk Training Group
Ali Franklin 07833691774 email@example.com
Programme: Early Years Practitioners
Duration: 12 months
Course Type: Apprenticeship Standard
Apprenticeship Delivery: Work based qualification. A tutor will visit you every 4-6 weeks in your workplace.
What will be achieved?
- Level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioners
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (if no prior exemption)
What will be involved at level 2?
The Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship is made up of several components which develop the practitioner’s knowledge, skills and behaviour.
The programme is spread across 12 months and covers 11 units across 2 themes:
Following enrolment and induction, programme units are grouped into 2 themes which complement each other. These are:
1. Health, Safety & Wellbeing
2. Children’s Learning & Development
As part of government policy to raise the quality of an apprentice’s learning, a ‘20% off the job learning’ policy applies to apprenticeships. Off-the-job training can include training that is delivered at the apprentice’s normal place of work but must not be delivered as part of their normal working duties.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.