Apprentice Sports Coach Game On Sports Coaching
We are looking for enthusiastic people with a passion for sport. We are looking for somebody to work in different sporting areas. A successful candidate will look to inspire and improve Primary aged children irrespective of their ability. We are looking for one apprentice to work in Watford area
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 30.50
Possible start date
03 Dec 2021
06 Sep 2021
Level 5 (Higher national Diploma)
- Delivering sports coaching to Primary School children through extra curricular clubs and Holiday clubs
- Working with mixed ability groups
- Game On cover 11 different sports and each coach specialises in 3 or 4.
- During the 18 month contract you will complete Sports National Governing body qualifications
- Working with Knights Training Academy to complete the Coach Activator’s qualification
- Provided with a mentor who explains and shows how to deliver sports sessions
- Understanding how different children learn and respond to various coaching styles
- The opportunity to work independently and develop your coaching style
- Will need to complete administrative work associated with coaching – register lists, planning, reports etc
- Begin to understand how PE lessons within school work
Requirements and prospects
- Basic computer skills are required
- Reliable with strong time management skills
A Coach must hold or be prepared to take immediately a minimum of a Level 1 qualification from a Sports National Governing Body (e.g., FA, England Athletics, ECB etc).
- Applicants must be self-motivated and have a passion for coaching.
- They must be able to work as part of a team and independently.
- The role requires a number of tasks to be completed by the deadlines set, so an applicant must be able to organise their time appropriately.
GCSE Grades A-C in English, Math’s and ICT or equivalent is preferred but not essential as full training will be delivered.
Opportunity for further employment is a possibility but cannot be confirmed at this stage.
About the employer
Game On is getting bigger and better. Since we started in 2001 we have grown progressively and now 20 years later we provide sports coaching services to over 80 schools across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire. Every year over 10,000 children between the ages of 4 and 11 will attend our extra-curricular clubs, curricular lessons and holiday courses. Game On coaches are committed to continually improving our services and adding further skills and qualifications to provide the highest standard of sports coaching available.
Yes we all love to win, but we must learn how to lose too. Game On not only improves sporting performance but we also introduce life skills, confidence boosters and the benefits of keeping fit and healthy to the sessions.
We love the responsibility of introducing new sports to children and making sessions fun and challenging. We keep children interested with advanced coaching techniques and constantly updated sessions keeping them fresh and unique.
Game On Sports Coaching
KNIGHTS TRAINING ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by KNIGHTS GROUP
Level 2 diploma incorporating an NVQ, where evidence will be gathered to build a portfolio showing your competency within the role, Functional Skills to include maths, English and IT (depending on award and previous qualifications) where a tested part will be completed and you will complete a Technical Certificate to underpin your knowledge of working in the sector, this also comes with a tested part.
Level 5 (Higher national Diploma)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.