Engineering Technician - Toolmaker and Press Setter Apprentice TOTAL CARBIDE LTD
Toolmakers and setters are among the most highly skilled workers in manufacturing. These workers produce, modify and repair tools and dies that enable machines to produce a variety of products that we use daily. It is equally as important to set up a machine correctly and as part of this apprenticeship, you will learn this valuable skill also.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 36.50
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
02 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Apprentices will be trained in the safe use of a variety of:
- Hand tools
- CNC and manual lathes
- CNC and manual EDM Machines
- CNC and manual milling machines
- CNC and manual Grinding machines
- Various pressing processes
- Problem-solving techniques and fault diagnosis will also be part of the role.
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Number skills
- Analytical skills
- Team working
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance history
- Engaged and a willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent communication skills
- Great hand to eye co-ordination
- Be enthusiastic about the engineering industry
We will look at each application on its own merits.
However we would prefer the candidate to have achieved or be working towards the following:
- GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 4/C or above)
- GCSE or equivalent mathematics (Grade 4/C or above)
- GCSE or equivalent subject(Grade 4/C or above)
- GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C or above)
- Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, there may be a full time position available. We promote and advocate further learning, so there may also be opportunities to increase your qualification level as part of your career with us
Things to consider
- We are looking for people who are looking for a long-term career so we expect a proactive attitude to learning and a desire from you to progress your own development
- When writing your application please give a high level of detail with plenty of explanation for your answers, along with examples. Write in full sentences, no bullet point lists please. Include a full list of your qualification grades
- Consider carefully how do you intend to get to work (Westcott Venture Park) and College (Oxford Technology Campus). Make sure that you are comfortable with the distance and have the means to travel to and from work. Think about mode of transport, time, distance, route and cost
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Total Carbide is the leading European manufacturer of sintered Tungsten Carbide wear parts.
Through constant evaluation of our methods and processes, we have developed a unique approach which ensures customers receive a rapid, personal service and superior, high quality, finished hardmetal products which will exceed specification.
With a global customer base covering over 40 different industries, we produce bespoke products for a wide spread of wear applications, ranging from all aspects of the oil and gas industry through measurement tools and cutting knives to difficult complex applications requiring specialized corrosion resistant materials. In addition, we have the latest facilities to produce a wide variety of specialized cutting inserts.
We pride ourselves on providing an efficient personal service to all of our customers, from multi-nationals to local engineering companies and will get involved throughout the process from conception to installation in order to ensure the end product is delivered on time and can begin its working life straight out of the box.
Our investment in the latest machines and technology coupled with an enthusiastic, highly experienced and professional work force means Total Carbide is the best place to come for advice on the best material developments of cobalt, tungsten, nickel and other elements for products and applications.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Activate Apprenticeships
MARK CHEN-WISHART 01865550480 firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- The Technical Apprenticeship Programme lasts 42 months
- The 1st year comprises 3 days per week at work and 2 days per week at college studying the Engineering Foundation Competence Level 2 qualification
- After spending this initial period at college learning the engineering basics, you will continue to work on site developing your competencies while continuing your studies on a day release basis
- The 2nd and 3rd years of the programme lead to an NVQ Level 3 qualification and a BTEC Level 3 Diploma
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.