Apprentice Engineer Prism Alarms & Security Limited
The candidate would be working under supervision of qualified security and fire engineers. The role would involve on-site training and manufacture provided training courses that can be attended alongside college bases training and learning. The role is training based and would be working towards level 3 accreditation in Fire and Security Systems.
Closing date: 30 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jan 2022
01 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The Apprentice Technician will be taught from an excellent foundation to ensure standardisation of the maintenance is carried out. The Technician will be required to commit to working at various locations in the UK and be expected to work overtime at times. Excellent organisation skills is a must, and a can-do attitude.
- Security maintenance and fire alarm maintenance to include CCTV/Intruder and Access Control
- Electrical and electronic principles - including codes of practice, commissioning, design criteria and installation, testing and maintenance techniques
- Testing and maintaining different systems - including a range of fire, emergency and security systems
- System technologies - including storing, retrieving, manipulating, transmitting and receiving electronic data across a range of information communication technology (ICT) applications
- Using ICT tools and equipment - including email, mobile devices, personal computers and web applications
- Communications - including communication styles and communicating in a clear, articulate and appropriate manner
- Specialist fire, security, fire and emergency lighting or fire and Security Technician skills
- Health and safety practices, regulations and legislation within fire, emergency and security environments - including environmental compliance
Requirements and prospects
Full training will be provided but the ideal candidate should be interested in a career in the electronic fire and security industry, someone who is interested in technology, the ideal candidate will have some existing practical skills and will ideally be able to demonstrate the following:
- Practical skills / use of hand-tools to an acceptable degree of competency
- Cares about appearance / smart well turned out
- Friendly / Outgoing
- Genuine willingness to learn and get involved
- Dedication to completing the course they are enrolling on
- Grade C/4 or above – English, maths, IT
- Some basic or enhanced IT skills would be a benefit as use of technology is a critical part of the role
- Driving Licence (Not essential but would be a benefit)
- Full Time employment and progression with the business
About the employer
Prism Alarms and Security provides security and fire detection solutions to domestic, commercial and industrial clients throughout the South East of England from our offices in Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells, Kent. A family-run business, we have been an SSAIB-certified installer for the past 15 years.
Our vision is to be the security solution provider of choice, working alongside customers to deliver exceptional service robust security and leading-edge technology. Our knowledgeable, friendly team offers an expert, honest and punctual service across our range of professional, innovative and dependable services.
We strive to go the extra mile and are always available to advise and answer your questions. No matter how big or small your business or home may be, our main concern is that you receive the dedicated service, collaborative approach and future-proof attention to detail that we have become known and appreciated for.
SKILLS FOR SECURITY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills for Security Ltd
- The apprenticeship standard you will achieve is the Fire, Emergency & Security Systems – Technician Level 3
- College attendance is also a requirement, this will be on a block release basis depending on the employers preferred college. The rest of the time will be spent working
- On the job experience and training partnered with a qualified installation/service engineer throughout the 3 year course
- Functional skills if needed
Fire emergency and security systems technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.