Child Care Apprentice Humpty Dumpty Childcare
An exciting opportunity has arisen for three child care apprentices with Humpty Dumpty Childcare. Level 2 Early years practitioner Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 08 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
10 Jan 2022
01 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- The role will require you to support and update records on individual children
- Daily observations and information about activities and meals served
- You will be expected to follow their policies for confidentiality and to report appropriate information regarding children and their backgrounds to the Day Care Leader
- Whilst working at this nursery, you must take into consideration the individual needs of the children respecting race, religion and culture, along with having an awareness of social needs and being sympathetic to their emotional needs
- You will also help children to understand and demonstrate good health, hygiene and personal habits during meal times, rest periods and bathroom use
Requirements and prospects
- You must listen actively to children and respond with warmth and empathy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with children, colleagues and parents are also essential
- You will need to have the ability to work as part of a team but also to work independently with the children on activities and development
- You must understand the importance of confidentiality. The successful apprentice must enjoy caring and playing with young children and have a practical, can do attitude
- The successful applicant will need to be highly reliable with a flexible attitude to work
- You must have an upbeat attitude and be somebody who likes the outdoors and shows enthusiasm whilst supporting the children on a daily basis
- A bright, bubbly personality which can create a warm, family environment will be welcomed within the nursery, by the children, families and staff
- As an apprentice, you must be able to work with other adults and be able to demonstrate good teamwork skills, follow instructions and seek clarification when required
- An ability to communicate well with children, staff and parents is essential
- You will need to be reliable and enthusiastic
Qualifications required for this role, include GCSE grades A*-C (9-4) in maths and English or equivalent qualifications such as functional skills.
On successful completion of your Level 2 apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to progress onto the Level 3 programme. The employer is very committed to staff development and training, and to assist the successful apprentice to progress through all their training, with a view to future employment.
Things to consider
In order to be successful for this position, you will need to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. This will be arranged by the employer after successfully completing the initial interview.
About the employer
The nursery's mission is to create happy memories and curious minds. Each of their purpose-built nurseries is spacious and secure, with brilliant play facilities, including extensive outside play areas. Most of their staff are professionally qualified to a minimum of level 3 and they’re proud to have held the prestigious investors in people award since 1999.
Their first nursery opened in 1989 and their priority ever since has been to ensure children have a safe, happy and productive nursery experience. They are a family-owned and managed business, and they were delighted to discover in a recent survey that 100% of their parents would recommend them to a friend. In addition, their nurseries are recognised as having a number of outstanding features by Ofsted.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Skills Group 01752 332442 email@example.com
The Apprenticeship in Child Care includes:
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard
Most aspects of the qualification and training will be delivered at your workplace where you will be supported throughout your training by your employer. You will have regular visits every 6 to 12 weeks from your designated assessor who will help you, and monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As an additional qualification you will also achieve Emergency and Paediatric First Aid, and a Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.