Equine Groom Apprentice (Tunstall Forest Livery) Tunstall Forest Livery
Tunstall is looking for a new apprentice who is keen and willing to develop their horse skills. You will not only be involved in daily yard management skills but also the training and exercising of competition and elite horses.
Closing date: 18 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Jan 2022
01 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful candidate will not only be involved in every day stable management skills, but also the producing and exercising of elite competition horses.
Some duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting feeding and turning in/out of horses
- Stable management and maintenance
- Grooming and show preparation
- Exercising, including hacking & schooling
Due to the level of horses at this yard, applicants will need to show prior knowledge and experience with horses in their application to be considered.
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience working with horses is essential to this role and examples will need to be given in your application
- Customer service skills are desired with good communication
- Reliable with good time management skills
- The applicant needs to work well within a team but also use their own initiative
- A keen interest in horses is essential
- Applicants must not already hold a level 2 or higher in a horse care related qualification to be eligible and considered for this apprenticeship
- GCSEs, or equivalent, in maths and English are desirable
- Future full time employment at Tunstall will be available for the right candidate.
Things to consider
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
About the employer
Based with an International Event rider this is a busy and successful competition and livery yard.
The yard is based in the heart of Suffolk where you will learn excellent stable management skills and horse skills.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by KEITS Training Services Ltd
Heidi Clear and Bethany Wylie firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 - Equine Groom standard
- Functional Skills if required
Full Equine training, including FS if required, to be provided by KEITS and Tunstall Forest Livery.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.