Apprentice IT Support Technician Ilkley IT Services Ltd
Fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop their career in IT Support. Join our growing company helping local businesses with all aspects of IT.
Closing date: 05 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Jan 2022
31 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties may include:
- Providing end-user desktop support
- Log support tickets
- Escalate IT issues within the team where necessary
- Supporting and maintaining Office 365 solutions
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Troubleshoot desktop and system problems, diagnose and solve hardware/software issues
- Provide professional and friendly support to our many clients
- Establishing a good working relationship with our clients and colleagues
- Keep up to date with advancements in technology
- Updating documentation software
- Any other duties as reasonably required of which you are capable
Requirements and prospects
- Microsoft Product Experience
- Good telephone manner
- Good communication skills and relationship building
- Good timekeeping skills
- Self-motivating with an appetite to learn new things
- Must have a strong work ethic and be hard working
- Manages difficult situations calmly
- Friendly and polite manner
- A passion for IT
Candidates will ideally have a minimum of 4 GCSE's A*-C or 9-4 Grade (or equivalent qualifications) including maths & English
At least a Level 2 in ICT (BTEC, GCSE or equivalent) is essential.
We are looking for an applicant to become a permanent part of our team after a successful apprenticeship. With opportunities for further training toward 2nd line support.
About the employer
We offer high quality and friendly computer services with an honest “keep it simple” attitude towards IT. With 95% of new business coming from recommendations, we believe our friendly and straight forward approach to IT is why our customers love to recommend us. Ilkley IT Services has traded since 2005. Offering business users within the Wharfedale and surrounding areas professional and friendly computer support.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Craven College
Sarah Haworth 07769166906 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Standard
This is an Advanced Apprenticeship Standard for an Information Communications Technician at Level 3. It will include a combination of on and off the job training in the workplace. You will have monthly mentoring and guidance at work from a Craven College Learning & Development Advisor alongside weekly college attendance. After 18-months you will be entered to undertake an End Point Assessment, conducted by an assessor from an external body such as City & Guilds, to complete your Apprenticeship.
More information on course content and assessment methods will be discussed at interview.
If candidates do not have A*-C (4-9) in maths & English at GCSE there will be a requirement to do Functional Skills up to Level 2.
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.