Commis Chef Apprentice The Eden Arms West Auckland Eden Arms Ltd
Commis chef required for busy family run pub and restaurant near Bishop Auckland. Home cooked varied seasonal menu including deserts cooked on site. If you love cooking and have a passion for food we would love to meet you and help you live your dreams in our family run business.
Closing date: 12 Dec 2021
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Jan 2022
29 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Learn different procedures of food preparation
- Prepare ingredients for dishes upon the instructions of the Chef
- Assist in operating commercial cooking equipment such as stoves, cookers, ovens and fryers
- Make sure that food supplies are stored properly and used resourcefully
- Ensure that food items are properly rotated in refrigerators and dealt with according to the restaurant’s policies
- Help the Chef in cooking activities by providing input and managing work
- Set up food stations by following Chef’s orders
- Make sure that recipes are followed properly during food preparation and cooking time
- Handle portion control requirements and presentation standards
- Arrange food items aesthetically on serving plates
- Make sure that the kitchen is clean and organised at all times
- Ensure that best food practices and kitchen hygiene protocols are adhered to
- Provide guidance to kitchen staff in upholding high culinary standards
- Make sure that all leftover food is stored properly
- Assist in checking food deliveries for both quantity and quality standards
- Provide input into stock rotation activities and make sure that food inventory is in check
- Learn and employ the basics of food aesthetics
- Maintain a “clean as you go” work ethic
- N.B. This Job Description is designed to give you an overall view of the job and is not a definitive list of tasks
Requirements and prospects
To enjoy preparing food and trying out new recipies. To have the desire to be part of the food industry.
Hardworking, flexible, honest and willing to go above and beyond for any customer.
Ability to follow instructions and take the initiave.
To work hard at gaining qualifications.
Maths and English GCSE grade C or equivalent.
Long term role for the right applicant
Things to consider
Working hours in a restaurant and travelling to and from place of work and Darlington College.
Flexibility - long hours some days are a possibility.
About the employer
A family in run pub and restaurant near Bishop Auckland seeks an ethusiastic Commis Chef Apprentice. We cook good quality homemade food from scratch daily. We have a varied seasonal menu which varies week by week. We are renowned for our Sunday Lunches and do takeaway options as well.
Eden Arms Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Darlington College
Kay Sherwen 07483 103284 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Commis Chef Standard at Darlington College
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.