Warehouse Operative Apprentice (Supply Chain) - ATA Dsv Air & Sea Limited
The warehouse operative has overall accountability daily warehousing operations. Ensures completion of all tasks with a high degree of accuracy to ensure and maintain organisation standards. Ensure compliance with safety, quality, health and environment procedures.
Closing date: 29 Nov 2021
£168.75 - £187.50
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
13 Dec 2021
31 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with a world leading logistics business & to earn whilst you learn? You will receive a salary and receive training and guidance from experienced professionals in the industry whilst completing an industry recognised apprenticeship.
Key tasks of a Warehouse Operative will include:
- You will be given training and support to enable you to be fully proficient in the below:
- Handle the goods in the vehicles/containers to ensure they are ready for replenishment
- Ensure the quality of housekeeping is maintained at all times, operating in a tidy as you go manner
- Pick and pack products which includes unboxing, labelling, re-boxing, and stacking products on pallets
- Carry out all tasks connected with Goods being returned which includes, unloading vehicles, sorting returns and putting stock away
- Ensure quality and accuracy whilst performing any operation
- Perform quality, audit and other checks on product or storage locations as required
- Maintain stock integrity by ensuring correct stock and system moves
- Perform all other duties as reasonably required that are consistent with both training and experience
- Health and safety – to be fully compliant with all health and safety requirements including warehouse procedures, PPE and housekeeping
- Complete the pre and post use inspections on the workplace transport and report any malfunction or damage to ensure that the workplace transfer is in good working order at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good understanding of English Language – written and verbal
- Ability to challenge health and safety failures
- Understanding of basic health and safety principles
- Plan and manage own time well
- Use own initiative/proactive in suggestion improvement in procedures
Become part of a company that invests in you. If you show the desire to learn and the work ethic to progress, there will always be opportunities within DSV.
Potential opportunities for progress within the team.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
For the first 6 months of apprenticeship salary will be based on £4.50 per hour, rising to £5 per hour between 6-12 months
About the employer
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 45,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer services and high-quality services – we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career in the logisitcs sector.
NICHOLAS ASSOCIATES GROUP LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nicholas Associates
Georgia Marlow 07540 716312 email@example.com
Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.