Apprentice Dryliner Taylor Wimpey Developments Limited
Taylor Wimpey North Thames are looking to take on a Drylining Apprentice in a two-year Level 2 Standard programme, during which time the successful candidates will be working on two busy new houses build construction sites in Hertfordshire.
Closing date: 03 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
06 Dec 2021
28 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The broad purpose of the occupation is to install, repair and maintain various elements of the internal structure of a building to a high standard. The dryliner will apply methods to install different systems that form the walls and rooms within a building, often to hide wires and pipes. The apprenticeship is anticipated to last for approximately 2 years and the apprentice will work alongside qualified and experienced Dryliners learning the trade and assisting in all aspects of Drylining.
- The measuring, cutting and installing of plasterboard
- Taping and jointing of the boards
All other duties as and when required, successful candidates will work safely and responsibly at all times, with a positive and enthusiastic approach to work and training, they will be punctual and excellent attendance is expected at both work and college.
What we will offer you (benefits):
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, paid wet days, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail and getting jobs right first time
- The ability to work as part of a team and to demanding deadlines.
- Customer focussed
- Driving would be advantageous due to the flexible nature of the work
- Good work ethic
- Passion and interest in the role
- Must have an interest in house building and be keen to learn
- Ability to motivate self and work with minimum supervision
- Can do attitude
- Using Initiative
- GCSE grade 4/C or above (or equivalent) including maths and English
- The successful candidate will be employed by Taylor Wimpey during their apprenticeship and will work alongside trusted subcontractors to gather knowledge and skills in the trade
- Following successful completion of the programme, the learner will be supported into finding potential employment with one of our trusted partners within the sub-contractor work force
Things to consider
- The role is physical and demanding and will require the successful candidate to be active all day
- The role requires travelling between two sites, so a driving license is necessary.
About the employer
Taylor Wimpey takes part in the National House-Building Council (NHBC) Pride in the Job scheme, where our sites are independently assessed by the NHBC across 28 different standards. We are committed to providing a safe place in which our employees and sub-contractors can work and to high standards of environmental management. Trades and labour are the backbone of our build process. We build over 15,000 homes a year and are now looking to grow our trade’s teams, so if you are looking for a career in Production then you’ll be joining a business with a passion for getting things right first time and exceeding customer expectations. We are looking for people that really take pride in the work they do.
Additional location information
IXION HOLDINGS (CONTRACTS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Ixion Holdings (Contracts) Limited
Steven Vasiliou 07507 558470 Steven.Vasiliou@ixionholdings.com
- Ixion Holdings will provide the Apprenticeship Standard
- Ixion Holdings will complete functional skills where necessary
- Ixion Holdings will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity
Interior systems installer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.