Apprentice Receptionist/Administrator in St Bartholomew’s medical Centre GP Surgery St Bartholomews Medical Centre
This vacancy is to join other health care professionals who deliver vital services to patients who are on the journey of improving or maintaining their health. You will need to demonstrate a positive and professional impression of yourself and the GP Practice by delivering customer service to patients and customer alike.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
02 Dec 2021
27 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
There is a vacancy for an Apprentice Receptionist/admin at St Bartholomew’s medical Centre GP Practice in Oxford. This is an excellent opportunity to join other health care professionals who deliver vital services to patients who are on the journey of improving or maintaining their health. You will need to demonstrate a positive and professional impression of yourself and the GP Practice by delivering customer service to patients and customer alike. If you want to start a rewarding career, then this job is for you!
- Managing patient requests in person, on the phone and via written communication
- Booking, amending, rescheduling, and cancelling patient appointments
- Distributing prescriptions
- Action patient care follow- up arrangements as per clinicians’ instructions
- Advising patients of chargeable services and processing payments
- Providing patients with information about the Practice Services
- General housekeeping of reception and waiting areas
- Arranging transport and home visits
- Managing medical records recording patient contracts, attaching correspondence electronically and in hard copy and filing in correct order
- Maintaining and updating the practice patient database
- Ensuring confidentiality and data protection is always observed
- General assistance to the Reception and Admin managers
- Scanning of post
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills – Positive engagement, building relationships, questioning, and listening skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstration of patience, empathy, and problem-solving skills, when dealing with conflict
- Task driven
- Attention to detail
- Hard working
- Articulate and willing to work in a team
- Personal motivation
- GCSE or equivalent grade C/4 or above in maths and English desired but not essential
- Having gained a year’s worth of work experience and a qualification as a Customer Service Practitioner, you would be able to work as a Receptionist in the Primary Care sector or in another similar setting
Things to consider
- Can you get there within a reasonable time and cost?
- Have you got the skills and qualities to deal with patients and communicate effectively?
- Please note these dates should be used as a guideline only, should the right applicant be found the vacancy may close early
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
This is a busy GP Practice serving the local community of Oxford. Providing healthcare and preventative treatments. Ensuring each patient individual needs and experience are our first consideration and at the heart of everything that we do.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by JAG Training
- Level 2 customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
You will have on the job training within the organisation and have an assigned Assessor who will provide you with additional training sessions and assessments to gain the Customer Service Practitioner Qualification. You will have an eportfolio to work through and gather evidence during your role as a receptionist at the St Bartholomew’s medical Centre GP Practice.
The qualification will include:
- Business principles and practices - including brand promise, core values, complaints process, internal policies and legislation and regulatory requirements
- Customer service skills - including building rapport and trust, conflict management and influencing and reinforcement techniques
- Communications - including interpersonal, tone of voice and verbal and non-verbal communications
- Presentation - including dressing appropriately and using positive and confident language
- Using customer service tools and resources - including those used to meet customer needs and measure, monitor, and evaluate customer service levels
This apprenticeship is delivered in the workplace. The apprentice gains the knowledge, skills, and experience for providing customer service including face-to-face, telephone, digital and written communications.
The apprenticeship training is tailored to the needs of the individual employer and is delivered by highly qualified and technically competent Assessor Trainers. The programme is a blended combination of on the job learning plus off the job, e-learning content, and professional discussions.
Additional training may be included such as short courses in speaking and listening skills or giving presentations as appropriate.
If the candidate has not achieved a GSCE Grade C/4 in English and maths, then they will also be required to pass:
- Functional Skills maths Level 1/2
- Functional Skills English Level 1/2
This qualification is assessed at the end point and is broken down into apprentice showcase, professional discussion, and observation.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.