Apprentice Early Years Educator - The Village Nursery, Blackpool, FY1 6EU - Ref CB025 The Village Nursery
The Village Nursery in Blackpool are looking for a driven and passionate individual to join their team. Are you proactive person who will be able to provide a safe, stimulating and inclusive environment in which babies and young children are supported? Do you have a level 2 childcare qualification and experience? If so Apply now!
Closing date: 17 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
20 Dec 2021
27 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To plan and carry out a range of exciting activities suitable for the age and development of children attending in conjunction with Management, Supervisors and Room Leaders
- To assist in providing a safe, supportive and caring environment for young children while in the care of Corner House nursery: to ensure that all aspects of each individual child’s development are given full consideration, and support all staff to meet these requirements
- To be proactive in the process of activity planning, child observations and development records
- Keep updated with any changes to legislation, distribute and update where needed
- Recognise where and when change is needed discuss any ideas with Room Leader/ Lead Supervisor or Management when appropriate. Implement changes agreed
- To ensure that communication with children, parents and the staff team is polite, upbeat, enthusiastic and courteous at all times. To support all staff and engage as a team member
- To maintain confidentiality about all issues related to children and their families; you’re own, other staff and any management issue
- To work with individual children or groups of children providing a range of activities or experiences which will promote development
- To provide additional support and activities which will meet the needs of children with additional needs
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to use own initiative and common sense at all times
- Ability to communicate on all levels (to children, carers, parents and or guardians)
- A happy, positive attitude and approach to work at all times
- To provide a caring environment for all children
- Ensure that everyone is made to feel welcome within the nursery: Children, Parents, Visitors and Staff
- You must have a solid understanding of GCSE in maths and English or equivalent and have ideally attained a Childcare L2 qualification
- For the successful candidate there is the possibility of ongoing employment upon completion of the relevant qualification
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are committed to working together to provide an enabling environment in which each child has the opportunity to become a happy, confident and independent learner.
Where each child is able to:
Feel safe and secure, valuing diversity and growing in self belief and respect for each other. Develop a love of learning and reach their true potential. Take part in a rich, creative and challenging environment. Become a valued member of a nursery community that encourages parent partnerships and the wider community.
We feel it is important for our staff to achieve their goals and we invest significantly by supporting their training and ongoing professional development.
The village nursery’s success to date can be attributed to the dedication of our staff and their leadership and this is proved in the excellent relationships they have with the children and their parents.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions
Caitlyn Blakeway 01709889868 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.