Apprentice Warehouse Operative OHH DEER LTD
To fulfil customer orders within established timescales, to ensure that they are accurate, despatched on time and meet customer expectations.
Closing date: 10 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Jan 2022
27 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To pick and pack orders for web sale customers and wholesale in order to ensure they are fulfilled accurately and within established timescales
- To ensure orders are packed correctly within supplier guidelines and packing specifications, including consolidating the materials making up an order where necessary (e.g. packing greeting cards with envelopes and cellophane bags) and including the relevant paperwork in with the order where necessary (e.g. packing note)
- Make up subscription boxes accurately and in a timely fashion
- To receive deliveries of stock, packaging and approved customer returns, checking quantities and quality and storing them in the relevant locations
- To securely package and label orders ready for delivery, to ensure the risk of damage is minimised
- To quality check colleagues’ orders to ensure that they are accurate, and to maintain customer satisfaction
- To carry out accurate stocktakes as instructed to ensure that all stock is accounted for and losses and errors are minimised
- To undertake basic production operations as required and instructed
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and to set deadlines
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team player
- Ability to prioritise and to manage time effectively
- Eagerness to learn and develop personal skill set
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organised
- Ability to work flexibly and to adapt to the needs of a small business
- Ability to listen and follow instructions accurately
- Team player
- Good time keeping and reliable
- Friendly and professional
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- A minimum GCSE Grade of 3/D in Maths and English (or the equivalent)
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The role can be physically demanding and repetitive. During busy periods you will be asked to work any five days from seven, including weekends.
Loughborough College has the right to close this vacancy before the end date.
About the employer
From the very beginning the aim for the brand was to be recognised as a platform for illustrators to find an audience for their work and showcase their designs.
We started by working with 10 illustrators who we’d met online and learned quite early on that combining the talent of lots of artists meant we had strength in numbers. Those who found us because they liked one illustrator might find others that they liked too - and so we grew! Ohh Deer has now worked with over 100 creative folk to create contemporary illustrated products. Our bespoke collections form a large part of the design work we complete.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Loughborough College
Hayley Cousins 01509 618019 email@example.com
- Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard in Supply Chain Warehouse Operative
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and maths (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA).
End-point assessment (EPA) is the final stage that an Apprentice goes through to complete their Apprenticeship. The Apprentice must show their learning to an independent end-point assessor and the grades available are distinction, pass or fail. The EPA will consist of:
- Written Knowledge Test
- Assessment of portfolio of evidence
- Observation in workplace
- Professional discussion relating to CPD activity
On Programme Assessment includes:
Regular formative assessment, development of a portfolio demonstrating learning and development activities with their application in the workplace and a work-based project. As part of the qualification, Apprentices must complete all units and be competent in real work environment.
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.