Business Administration Apprentice Wye Valley NHS Trust
As a modern apprentice to provide administration and clerical support to the Acute and Emergency Medicine Directorate including but not limited to the Emergency Department, Acute Medical Unit and SDEC (Same Day Emergency Care).
Closing date: 04 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
18 Feb 2022
26 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To provide a clerical service to the Acute and Emergency Medicine Directorate including the Emergency Department, Acute Medical Unit and SDEC. Undertaking work-related correspondence, photocopying, filing, retrieval of documents and patient case notes, according to the requirements of the service.
- Develop the ability to update and maintain patient tracking records
- Develop the ability to use the required electronic systems for correspondence, recording, retrieval and maintenance of information, as and when required.
- Ensuring appropriate levels of stock are maintained, re-ordering as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with Trust policies, procedures and guidelines, alerting management team if practice appears to contravene policy, or if concerned about any aspect of patient care.
- Maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, maintaining accurate documentation and reporting any concerns.
- To communicate effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- To develop awareness, understanding and compliance with national and local NHS guidelines/polices.
- To ensure awareness and understanding of WVT Policies and Procedures and have a working knowledge of 4 hour Emergency Department standard.
- Participate in training opportunities provided by the Trust.
- To present at all times a professional approach in terms of conduct, appearance and punctuality.
- Take responsibility for own learning and development by recognising and taking advantage of all opportunities to learn, including full participation in Staff Performance & Development Review.
- Complete sponsored apprenticeship award.
- Manage own time effectively.
Requirements and prospects
- Effective written & verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Be able to work well under pressure
- Time keeping
- Good general education GCSE A*-C (9-4) or equivalents.
- To be discussed on succesful completion
About the employer
Wye Valley NHS Trust is the provider of healthcare services at Hereford County Hospital, which is based in the city of Hereford, along with a number of community services for Herefordshire and its borders. We also provide healthcare services at community hospitals in the market towns of Ross-on-Wye, Leominster and Bromyard.
HEREFORDSHIRE GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Herefordshire Group Training Association
Hayley Grismond 01432 377010 email@example.com
Business administrator level 3.
Training through HWGTA normally comprises of five days per week in company with one day release as and when required at our Training Centre at Holmer Road, doing an appropriate course of study. Functional Skills Maths, English (if required)
A monthly monitoring visit in company will also take place, during which we make ourselves available for discussion about any special training that may be useful to you, and to identify and resolve problems if they arise.
At the end of your training period you will be put through to an end point assessment with an external verifier where you will showcase and evidence your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
In addition, the training programme includes an optional 5-day team building residential course, usually held in April/May each year
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.