Hairdressing Apprenticeship Salon 16
Excellent opportunity for a Hairdressing Apprentice to join a successful team at Salon 16 hairdressing salon.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
17 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Assist the stylists - Hairdressing apprentices will be required to assist experienced stylists in all aspects of work that they do which can include colouring, cutting or styling hair. In most cases they will be assisting but for more experienced apprentices or those that show promise the stylist will allow them to administer treatments under their supervision.
- Shampooing clients hair - One of the more common requirements in getting clients ready for their hair treatment will be in helping them on with their gown and taking them to the shampooing station where the apprentice will shampoo, rinse and condition the clients hair in advance of their hair cut by the qualified stylists.
- Looking after clients - The hair apprentice will be expected to welcome customers, hang up their coats for them in the cloakroom as well as get them refreshments
- Keeping the salon tidy and clean - Part of the apprentices duties will be to ensure that the stylists are able to work in a clean and tidy environment. This will involve sweeping clean the salon floor of cut hair, or cleaning away client's finished coffee cups, helping keep the main reception desk clear etc
- Assisting on the front desk - You be expected to help out on the reception, perhaps filling in when the receptionist is out at lunch or absent through sickness or holiday leave. Typical reception duties include taking salon bookings, processing payments and retailing hair care products.
- Maintaining equipment and stock - The apprentice will often be responsible for sterilising scissors and other cutting equipment, refilling bottles and replenishing stock
- Carry out simple hair treatments - The more experienced an apprentice is the more advanced the treatments they will be permitted to carry out. In the main they will be allowed to carry out simple hair treatments unsupervised but will need to work under the supervision of a qualified stylist for more advanced hair treatments.
Colour Training – Learn in house training and external colour training, cut and blow drying training.
Requirements and prospects
· Practical with good time keeping
· Flexible and able to prioritise
· Excellent communication skills
· Good telephone manner
· Positive and confident can do attitude
· Hard working and organised
· Reliable and Trustworthy
· Self-motivated, team player
· Able to take instruction and feedback positively
· Willing to learn in order to progress
· Able to keep calm under pressure
5 GCSEs (or equivalent), including English and Maths at Grade C or above.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing
- Key skills/Functional skills
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Reading College
Ciera Kent 01865 551881 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017