Apprentice Dental Nurse North Street Dental Practice
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and busy dental practice. We are a dental practice with a well-established and friendly team. We would love you to join us as an Apprentice Dental Nurse.
Closing date: 04 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Jul 2022
25 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and busy dental practice with an emphasis on preventative treatment and options for all.
The role of a dental nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Greet and care for all patients in a polite and courteous manner at all times
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chairside assistance during all dental procedures
- Update computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
- Carry out reception and administrative tasks where required
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate must be organised, with good communication skills and computer literate
- You will have a calm, confident and reassuring manner and the ability to relate well to people, including children and those with special needs
- You will have a positive and flexible approach to work
- Experience is not necessary, however, we are looking for ambitious, hard-working and committed individuals
- The successful candidate must be reliable and keen to learn
- You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
- A great opportunity to secure long term employment with an employer who has a wonderful vision and admirable values in conjunction with continuing with your professional development
Things to consider
You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check.
About the employer
For us, dentistry isn't just our business, it's personal. You're unique, so are your teeth and you deserve a private dental service that treats you as an individual, with solutions that are tailored to your needs and aspirations.
That's exactly how the team at the North Street Clinic has been caring for our patients since 2002. Today we provide a complete choice of top quality private dental services that you and your whole family can enjoy and benefit from.
So, whether you visit us to relieve a troublesome tooth or discuss the best in cosmetic and aesthetic smile makeovers, we'll deliver a level of excellence in dental care that will make a real difference to your life and well-being.
What's more, we never forget how some people live in dread of a dental appointment. Our friendly, kind and compassionate team all work hard to make your visit easy, relaxed and stress-free. Once you've experienced the gentle treatments at the North Street Clinic you'll wonder why you ever worried!
You are special – and so is the way we care for you, your teeth and your smile.
North Street Dental Practice
Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Katie Cottee 01708 776050 KatieC@harrietellis.com
Training to follow the Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard:
- The Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship offers a genuine job in a dental practice with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme. It will develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours of your apprentice to operate competently in all aspects of clinical responsibilities
- It will also provide them with the relevant qualification to apply for professional registration as a Dental Nurse to the General Dental Council (GDC)
What you will study:
- Cross infection
- Oral hygiene
- First aid
- Health and Safety
You will complete on and off the job training whilst being fully supported throughout, progressing to gateway and endpoint assessment.
Read more on our website!
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.