Compliance Support Engineering Technician Apprentice Currie & Warner Ltd
The successful candidate will report directly to the Quality Manager and will be trained in core engineering processes and will progress to have a lead role in the Quality, Health and Safety department.
Closing date: 30 May 2022
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
26 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Reporting directly to the Quality Manager, the successful apprentice will learn core engineering skills and will progress to have a lead role in the Quality, Health and Safety department.
Processes involved in the training will include:
- Health and Safety
- Sales - product review, costing and efficient improvements
- Planning - component, tooling attachment etc., development
- Continual Improvements
- Using CAD, Wickman Multi-spindle lathes, CNC lathes and millers, CMM, Shadow Graph and Optimax machines
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to understand engineering concepts - through school studies or hands-on experience
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Task completion to be neat, orderly and on time
- Good verbal and written communications
- Good maths skills
- Team worker as well as independently
- Exemplary time keeping and attendance
- GCSE grade 5/C and above in English, maths and Science - as a minimum
- Progression through Currie and Warner is limitless, the current senior management are all ex-apprentices
Things to consider
- The first year will be full time at college in Aldridge, WS9 8UG. Please ensure you are able to travel to this address
About the employer
Currie & Warner are part of the Currie & Warner Group of engineering companies. We are the turned parts division of the group supplying high precision components worldwide to OEM’s and second tier suppliers. We are located across two manufacturing sites, Site 1 (Main site) Sub-contract turned parts, Site 2, Intergroup turned parts.
Currently Currie & Warner offer services for Brass and Copper based turned parts / screw machine components. We are renowned for high quality and impeccable service, we work closely with our customers which we consider more as partners. For this reason we have worked with some customers for over 25 years!
By working closely with our customers we ensure goods supplied are to exact specification. We fully inform customers as to when samples and goods will be delivered. The company is financially strong and you can be assured we will supply you for as long as you need. Quality is key to the success of Currie & Warner, usually product is supplied direct to customer assembly lines without the need for additional goods inward inspection. By manufacturing product on multi-spindle machines, purchasing raw material direct from the brass mills and continually improving processes ensures the turned parts manufactured are cost effective.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher 01922 457686
This is a three year Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship - Quality pathway. You will be required to attend college on a full time basis for the first 12 months of the training (In-Comm Training Services, Aldridge, Walsall, WS9 8UG) - so please ensure you are able to travel to the company and college sites.
- Complying with statutory regulations & organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Conducting business improvement techniques (covered in induction)
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Preparing & using lathes for turning operations
- Preparing & using milling machines
- General welding applications
- Producing CAD models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Assembling & testing fluid power systems
- Wiring and testing electrical equipment circuits
- Maintaining electrical equipment & systems
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.