Dairy operative apprentice Ashley Chase Estate Ltd
Cheese maker with dairy responsibilities, producing milk based products including cheese, butter and whey.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jul 2022
26 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To process, pack, handle and hold stock of any cheese, butter or whey product produced on the Ashley Chase Estate, specifically within the Dairy, Speciality Room & Ford Farm
- To use equipment associated with the production of cheese including Silos, Pasteuriser, Vats, Coolers, and Separators and be accomplished in associated procedures for example divert procedures on the pasteuriser, slow vat procedures on the coolers.
- To enforce stock segregation management systems for example Organic Cheese & ingredients, Non-conforming product, handling and storage of allergens. To ensure such product is identifiable, product integrity is preserved and potential for contamination is minimised.
- To proactively implement all housekeeping and hygiene requirements including CIP of vats, silos and associated lines within the department as laid down in cleaning schedules and as raised in housekeeping or maintenance audits or any other inspections
- To understand fully and proactively implement all systems relevant to the department as laid down in the Quality Manual and supported by the company’s Code of Practice.
- To work as a food handler in an effective, efficient and hygienic manner. To support the company’s hygiene requirements and to hold a basic food hygiene certificate as a minimum standard. To process, pack, move any food on site with the highest regard for hygiene.
- To handle chemicals on a routine basis, understand fully their hazards and company requirements for COSHH.
- To acknowledge fully & work within the company’s guidelines on Health & safety.
- To report problems, issues or difficulties with equipment, building fabric, fixtures and fittings as soon as identified.
Requirements and prospects
- Numerate and literate, outstanding attention to detail, punctual, hardworking, reliable.
- Calm and considerate
- Outstanding attention to detail
- None required as all training can be given
- Prospect of progression to a higher level apprenticeship qualification and to progress within the business
- Prospect of a permanent position for the right candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Working Week: Dates and times to be confirmed at interview
- Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close a vacancy prior to the closing date if a high number of applicants have been received
- If your application is successful, you must attend an initial interview with Weymouth College before your details are put forward to this employer. This will be arranged by an invitation from Weymouth College. This is not an interview for the job
About the employer
Ashley Chase Estate Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weymouth College
Apprenticeships 01305 208709 Apprenticeships@weymouth.ac.uk
Formal training to be provided by Weymouth College with informal, on the job training by Ford Farm
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.