Product Design & Development Engineering Technician Apprentice Currie & Warner Ltd
Product Design Technician Apprentice required to learn core engineering skills, progressing to a lead role in the production engineering department, using a variety of lathes and CNC machines.
Closing date: 10 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
26 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Reporting directly to the works Manager and the Production Engineering Manager you will progress to have a lead role in the production engineering department where technical solutions can be optimised through product and tooling design for manufacture on our Multi-spindle lathes and CNC machines.
This will enable us to maximise cost effectiveness enabling Currie and Warner to compete globally as the most advanced sub-contract turned part supplier.
Process involved in the training will include:
- Health and Safety
- Sales - product review, costing, and efficient improvements
- Planning - component, tooling attachment etc., development
- Continual Improvements
- Using CAD, Tornos Multi-spindle lathes, Index Multi-spindle lathes, Wickman Multi-spindle lathes, CNC lathes and millers
Requirements and prospects
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Exemplary timekeeping skills and attendance
- Good maths skills
- Team worker as well as independently
- Ability to understand engineering concepts - through school studies or hands-on experience
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including English, maths and, a science - as a minimum.
Progression through Currie and Warner is limitless, the current senior management are all ex-apprentices.
Things to consider
The first year will be full time at college in Aldridge, WS9 8UG.
Please ensure you are able to travel to this address.
About the employer
Currie & Warner are part of the Currie & Warner Group of engineering companies. We are the turned parts division of the group supplying high precision components worldwide to OEM’s and second tier suppliers. We are located across two manufacturing sites, Site 1 (Main site) Sub-contract turned parts, Site 2, Intergroup turned parts.
Currently Currie & Warner offer services for Brass and Copper based turned parts / screw machine components. We are renowned for high quality and impeccable service, we work closely with our customers which we consider more as partners. For this reason we have worked with some customers for over 25 years!
By working closely with our customers we ensure goods supplied are to exact specification. We fully inform customers as to when samples and goods will be delivered. The company is financially strong, and you can be assured we will supply you for as long as you need.
Quality is key to the success of Currie & Warner, usually product is supplied direct to customer assembly lines without the need for additional goods inward inspection. By manufacturing product on multi-spindle machines, purchasing raw material direct from the brass mills and continually improving processes ensures the turned parts manufactured are cost effective.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher 01922 457686
This is a three-year Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship - Product Design pathway. You will be required to attend college on a full-time basis for the first 12 months of the training (In-Comm Training Services, Aldridge, Walsall, WS9 8UG) - so please ensure you are able to travel to the company and college sites.
Training will include:
- Complying with Statutory Regulations and Organisational Safety Requirements
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in an Engineering Environment
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Conducting Business Improvement Techniques (covered in induction)
- Producing Components using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Preparing and Using Milling Machines
- Preparing and Using Lathes for Turning Operations
- General Welding Applications
- Producing CAD Models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Assembling and Testing Fluid Power Systems
- Wiring and Testing Electrical Equipment Circuits
- Maintaining Electrical Equipment and Systems
All apprentices will be required to achieve as a minimum:
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.