Business Administration Apprentice S Anselm's School Trust Limited
The purpose of this post is to contribute a high standard support to our existing Office team. The candidate will also need to give support to other personnel within the school and be a team player with a positive, can do attitude and drive to get the job completed.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
25 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- To be the first point of contact at the school, responsible for all incoming telephone calls and greeting visitors in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner, ensuring messages are passed on quickly and appropriately
- To handle pupil and parent information in a sensitive and confidential manner
- Resolve parent, pupil and staff queries
- To monitor and maintain pupil registrations and become the main contact for ensuring pupil registration is complete and producing reports
- On the direction of the Headmaster’s PA undertake the typing of form lists, reports etc. as required
- On the direction of the Headmaster’s PA maintain file records appropriately
- To liaise with all staff, parents, pupils and others as appropriate for the efficient discharge of the duties appropriate to the post
- Assisting with mailings to parents e.g. newsletters, circulars, letters, school reports (either e-mail, school systems or hard copy)
- To undertake general secretarial duties for staff typified by the following: sorting and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail, filing, photocopying, laminating, office stationery replenishment
- Provide secretarial duties to the Senior Leadership Team by assisting in the circulation of messages to parents and staff, filing of records and the provision of statistics as required
- To offer assistance with the publication and distribution of the school calendar, newsletter and other such publications
- To be the first point of contact for pupils requiring stationery, photocopying etc.
- Receive and distribute deliveries
- Contribute to and enhance the ethos of the school
- To participate in training and other learning activities as required
- Any other duties appropriate to the post designated by the Bursar
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- To be professional at all times
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational, literacy, record keeping and planning skills
- Ability to use Microsoft software and the ability to be trained on School software programs for the undertaking of duties
- Punctuality and reliability
- Flexibility – occasionally working hours might be changed
- Enthusiasm for working in an office environment
- A commitment to the provision and development of high quality childcare and education
- To attend on-going training as deemed necessary by the school
- To successfully complete and pass the Apprenticeship training
- Patience and trustworthiness
- A positive approach to inclusive practice
GCSE or equivalent in maths and English and Level 4/C or above required.
Learning Unlimited continues to develop strong relationships with employers and we encourage any organisation considering recruiting an apprentice to support them to progress onto a higher apprenticeship level or offer full-time employment at the end of their apprenticeship.
About the employer
A day and boarding school and college which provides the highest standard of education for boys and girls from rising 3 to 16 years. Set in over 20 acres of magnificent Peak District countryside, here children can enjoy their childhood and experience a school life that is second to none.
S Anselm's School Trust Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chesterfield College
Hannah Donald 0345 850 1055 APLU@chesterfield.ac.uk
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Business Administrator Standard, with support from your employer and Learning Unlimited.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded an additional certificate of recognition for these qualifications.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.