CAD Engineer Apprentice Steel Dynamics
This vacancy is for a CAD Apprentice based in Blackburn, Lancashire. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Closing date: 25 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
07 Mar 2022
25 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The vacancy is an opportunity for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in Engineering.
If successful, the apprentice will be based at their employer working the hours agreed in their contract.
Duties will include:
- To support the sales team by generating costings for material and cutting time with the emphasis on reducing costs for our customers
- Training and development given on specific software including Sigma Nest and Sigma MRP
- Use CAD system to develop and draw customer specific requirements by PDF, DXF, DWG files
- Liaise with customers by email and telephone to update them on current order status
- Training given on different grades of material and specifications.
- Training given on different cutting methods used to cut materials such as Laser, Waterjet and Plasma
If successful, the apprentice will be based at their employer working the hours agreed in their contract. The apprentice will need to attend Training 2000 to complete the relevant skill units that have been agreed by Training 2000 and the employer, this will consist of the apprentice completing 6 blocks of skill specific Engineering training lasting 4 weeks each. As well as this they will also begin their Further Education course, BTEC Diploma and classroom based learning.
Requirements and prospects
- Good attention to detail
- A technical mind
- Ability to use initiative to think through problems and find solutions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to think outside the box, curious and innovative
- Must possess an interest in engineering
- Motivated and committed individual
- Good time keeping
- Strong work ethic
- Minimum of achieved GCSEs grades at 4/C or above including English, maths
- Other equivalent qualifications are acceptable
- Engineers work in high-tech, dynamic environments using state of the art equipment
- They are inventors, designers and problem solvers, people who make a difference to the way we live. As trained professionals, engineers are well paid and highly respected. Many get top jobs and even run their own companies. If you enjoy working as part of a team, like solving problems and have a practical flair, you will find engineering has a lot to offer
Things to consider
- Please do not contact Company direct
- We reserve the right to close any vacancies from further applications when we have received a suitable number of applications from which to make a shortlist
- Please ensure you apply ASAP if you wish to be considered for this role
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Offering a wide range of stainless steel in a variety of grades our customer base ranges from Nuclear and Architectural to the Oil & Gas, food and processing and Petrochemical Industries. With our experience it’s no surprise why many blue chip companies UK and worldwide trust Steel Dynamics to satisfy their requirements in every respect.
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training 2000 Ltd
Chris Cumpstey 01254 54659 email@example.com
Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional Skills, Level 2 in mathematics, English, ICT, working with others and improving your own learning
- Functional Skills requirements is subject to the successful applicants GCSE results
- Grade A-C / 8-4 and within 5 years old means the apprentice will be relaxed from completing functional skills
- Certification evidence will need to be provided
Employer Rights & Responsibilities:
- SEMTA Apprenticeship in Engineering Framework (Once all elements are completed and learners portfolio has passed Internal Verification)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.