Apprentice Commis Chef Charlton Arms Hotel
Assisting in the daily operation of the kitchen in a busy, family run pub.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Nov 2022
25 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The perfect apprentice chef needs to be passionate and knowledgeable about the food industry. He / She should have basic culinary skills, such as knife skills, and knowledge of different ingredients, cooking equipment and kitchen procedures.
The Apprentice Commis Chef will assist in with the daily operation of the kitchen
Requirements and prospects
- Applies flair and innovation to menu development and food presentation
- Respectful and able to gain respect from colleagues and clients
- Excellent communication skills to enable effective dialogue with colleagues, staff, visitors and where applicable, pupils
- Organised and self-motivated, with a proven record for meeting targets and deadlines
- Able to perform well and remain professional whilst under pressure
- Dedicated team-player, who strives for excellence and leads by example
- Tactful and discreet, whilst mindful of observing Safeguarding and professional standards
- Displays a smart and professional appearance, representing the College in a positive manner
- Reliable and stable
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic, with an eagerness to learn new skills and a commitment to personal continuous professional development
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work alone without direction
- Adaptable and flexible with working patterns when required
- Committed to contributing towards the College community
- Good numeric and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook essential)
- Practical and constructional
- Reasonable physical fitness
- Good timekeeping, hard working and passionate about the job
- GCSE English and maths
- For the right applicant this role is likely to lead to a full time position.
Things to consider
- Working on your feet a lot in a busy environment.
About the employer
The Charlton Arms was established 6 years ago by Cedric and Amy Bosi. Since then it has become renowned for homemade food, local ales and luxury accommodation. The pub has been featured on many best of lists including the Micheline Bib Gourmand and has an AA Rosette Award for Culinary Excellence. It is situated on the iconic Ludford Bridge, a short walk from the town centre of Ludlow.
HEREFORDSHIRE AND LUDLOW COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by County Training
County Training 03456789023 email@example.com
Standard which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- End Point Assessment (EPA)
Work place assessment with one of County Training’s highly experienced workplace Assessors, including as an example, completion of assignments, project, and observation of workplace activities.
There may also be a requirement to attend formal teaching sessions to enhance knowledge or work towards completion of functional skills (if required).
There is also a requirement for you to keep an off the job log which is an important part of your Apprenticeship Programme.
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning and Thinking.
- Full on the job training will be given.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.