Heavy Vehicle Repair Technician Apprentice GELDERD COMMERCIALS LTD
A fantastic opportunity to work in a specialist commercial motor vehicle company.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
25 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Competency in Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Conducting routine heavy vehicle maintenance
- Removing and replacing heavy vehicle chassis units and components
- Inspecting Heavy Vehicles
- Supporting job roles in the Automotive environment
- Learning about the materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in Automotive environment
- Removing and replacing heavy vehicle units and components
- Learning about heavy vehicle engine mechanical, lubrication and cooling system units and components
- Learning about heavy vehicle fuel, air supply and exhaust system units and components
- Removing and replacing heavy vehicle electrical units and components
- Learning about removing and replacing heavy vehicle transmission and driveline units and components
- Diagnosing and rectifying vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
- Inspecting heavy vehicles to comply with legal requirements
- Diagnosing and rectifying heavy vehicle engine faults
- Diagnosing and rectifying heavy vehicle chassis system faults
- Learning about diagnosing and rectification of heavy vehicle transmission and driveline faults
Requirements and prospects
- A strong interest in motor vehicles
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Good time keeping
- Strong work ethic
- Good team player
- Honest and trustworthy
- Willing to learn and listen to instructions
- Good sense of humour
Maths and English grade C/4 or above. If this has not been achieved, you will be expected to work towards these qualifications as part of your apprenticeship training.
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be eligible to apply for registration as an engineering technician with a relevant professional body. On completion and achievement of the standard, candidates will have the opportunity to progress to master technician, management or to develop in their current role.
Things to consider
The first stage after your initial application will be to attend an interview with a member of the team at Kirklees College. It is mandatory to attend an interview at the college for your application to progress.
Candidates may be asked to complete an assessment as part of the interview process. Information will be in your interview letter.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team at Kirklees college on email@example.com or Tel: 01484 437000. There is no need to contact the employer at this stage, the college is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
About the employer
GELDERD COMMERCIALS LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
April King firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Heavy Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Standard
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.