LGV Driver Apprentice Dpd
Our Linehaul Recruitment Manager is looking to recruit a number of ambitious and dedicated Apprentice's who are keen to undertake a LGV Driver Apprenticeship by joining the nation's favourite parcel delivery company. These opportunities will be based from our site in Oldbury and Hinckley
Closing date: 27 Sep 2021
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
20 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Our Linehaul Recruitment Manager is looking to recruit a number of ambitious and dedicated Apprentice's who are keen to undertake a LGV Driver Apprenticeship by joining the nation's favourite parcel delivery company. These opportunities will be based from our site in Hinckley, Leicestershire
The LGV Driver Apprenticeship is a 13 - month programme where apprentices will learn all aspects of professional driving as well as gaining their Category C and C+E licences.
Responsibilities include non-driving duties such as office work, drivers mate and warehousing whilst gaining their LGV qualification.
Apprentices will also undertake a range of masterclasses which are designed to provide a broad range of knowledge about the job, alongside building their skills and behaviours. Apprentices will obtain CPC licences as part of the LGV Apprentice programme which is a legal requirement to drive LGV vehicles.
Key Tasks/Areas of responsibility
- To carry out all tasks required as part of the Apprenticeship programme
- To load and unload vehicles in line with procedures.
- To plan and assess routes in line with daily needs.
- To complete all checks in a timely and accurate manner, in line with company and departmental procedures.
- To carry out vehicle checks ensuring the vehicle is in full working order, and to report any faults in line with company procedure.
- To monitor and prevent damage to vehicles and inform a supervisor where damage is identified.
- To ensure that all CPC, driving licence and driver’s hours legislation is adhered to.
- To collect parcels from customers and company sites in a timely and accurate manner, allowing for changes to schedule.
- To comply with the accident and breakdown procedures if appropriate.
- To implement the Health & Safety policy, ensuring and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Carry out such duties as may reasonably be requested by supervisors or other management.
- Attend additional training programmes to supplement both your learning and the Linehaul Operation.
- In addition to the LGV Driver role and as part of the programme, Apprentices will undertake additional training and tasks with several business areas, developing their industry knowledge and understanding of DPD’s operations. This will range from internal and external certifications to administrative and warehousing tasks.
Requirements and prospects
- High attention to detail to produce accurate and quality work
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability
- Independently motivated, with the ability to take on tasks and duties without immediate direction
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications)
- Apprentices must be 18 or over and hold a Category B licence, some may already hold a Category C licence.
- Minimum of 12 months UK driving experience required. Candidates must also undertake and pass the necessary medical tests required to train as an LGV Driver.
- Study leave - When required
- Opportunity to work in a clean, health and safety conscious environment
- Funded Training to develop your skills
- The opportunity to progress your career within the business
Things to consider
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
DPD is one of the UK's leading time-critical carriers and can satisfy all your distribution needs, whether your consignments are for the UK or elsewhere in the world. Integrating our own extensive UK network with our unrivalled ground-based service to Europe and Air Express service to the rest of the world, we are well placed to satisfy all your distribution and logistics needs. DPD is the fastest growing major parcel delivery company in the UK and has created over 2,000 new jobs in the last two years as a result of an unprecedented UK expansion. In that period, the company has opened 18 new or replacement depots, including nine state-of-the-art, purpose built facilities.
GTG TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by GTG Training Limited
sophie Robins 01216983782 email@example.com
- Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) driver C and E
- Functional Skills if needed
Large goods vehicle (LGV) driver C and E
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.