Level 2 Care Assistant Apprentice Czajka Care Group
Assistant in creating a home-from-home for care home residents as a team member in delivering high-quality person-centred care in a way that respects the dignity of the individual whilst promoting independence and wellbeing. The right candidate will be based in one of Czajka's care homes in Crosshills, Steeton and Nab Wood.
Closing date: 10 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
17 Nov 2021
23 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Assisting service users with all aspects of their personal care needs, including but not exclusively, physical, emotional, and spiritual, whilst maintaining the comfort, privacy, and dignity of the service user at all times
- Assist in the promotion of continence with dignity
- To assist the service user in using their personal and mobility aids whilst ensuring the aids are well maintained
- Assist with social activities by interacting with the service users and helping them to continue with hobbies and activities both outside and within the home
- To escort service users to and from the home when necessary to attend appointments etc.
- To support the nurse or senior care assistant in charge to complete, observe and review Person Centred Care Plans, ensuring that service users are fully involved and in agreement, where possible, in the planning of their care, ensuring that care is appropriate to their needs
- To report any changes in the care needs of the service users to the nurse or senior care assistant in charge and assist in the review of the Person-Centred Care Plan where appropriate
- To complete accurate and effective written care records on a daily basis, in line with Czajka Care Group Policies and Procedures
- To act as a keyworker to nominated service users and support junior colleagues in their role as a keyworker
- To be involved in any formal service user care review meetings as required as a keyworker
- To identify social, recreational, and educational opportunities for their designated service user, and assist service user to access where possible
- Take special responsibility for maintaining their designated service user’s room and wardrobes etc in a tidy manner, checking clothing for repair and replacement, liaising with service user, family or significant other to ensure sufficient clothing of the type desired by the service user, and any other assistance the service user requires
- To assist service users during mealtimes in accordance with their care plan and serve meals and drinks as required
- To answer the nurse call bell promptly and give assistance to the service user as required, ensuring that required assistance is given in a timely manner
- To assist in ensuring the service users environment is kept clean and maintained as required in line with the service users care plan and with Czajka Care Group Policies and Procedures
- To report any incidents, accidents, occurrences, or complaints to your line manager and record appropriately according to Czajka Care Group Policies and Procedures
- To deal effectively with any queries, questions or worries expressed by any service user, their relatives, or visitors by the timely reporting of the matter to the person in charge, including ensuring that the registered manager is informed by using the Czajka Care Group Policies and Procedures on dealing with complaints
- To participate in staff and service user meetings actively and effectively as and when required
- To ensure the security of the home is maintained at all times, including the identification of any visitors, and ensuring they sign in and out of the home
Requirements and prospects
- Good verbal communication/interpersonal skills
- Good written communication skills
- IT skills
- Willingness to learn and develop personally to improve understanding of the role
- Caring and empathetic
- Friendly and approachable
- Trustworthy and discreet
- Smart in appearance
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team worker
- Methodical and organised
- Good attention to detail
Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and maths prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
Potential full-time job offer or progression onto a higher-level apprenticeship upon completion.
About the employer
Czajka Care Group is a family run business established in Saltaire in 1983. We offer quality award-winning care for retired, elderly, and disabled people.
We own and operate care homes and nursing homes in Bradford. Fairmount Nursing Home, Brookfield Care Home and Staveley Birk Leas Nursing Home, which are all in Nab Wood near Shipley, and Currergate Nursing Home in Steeton and Beanlands Nursing Home in Cross Hills.
Renowned for offering an exceptional standard of service, our experienced, highly trained, caring team, tailor our care to meet every individual’s needs. Our five nursing and care homes are designed to be a real ‘home from home’ for our residents.
LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leeds City College
Saffron Khan 01535685118 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Healthcare Support Worker apprenticeship standard.
Short Description: Healthcare support workers (HCSWs) work as part of a team providing high quality and compassionate care to individuals.
Overview: HCSWs will prepare individuals for healthcare activities carried out by other members of the healthcare team, looking after them before, during and/or after those activities in line with their care plan.
You will also carry out non-clinical duties and, depending on where you work, this could include things like keeping records, making beds, tidying up your work area, returning or cleaning the equipment used during a clinical activity. You will be able to address straightforward problems in your day-to-day work, reporting concerns and changes to the appropriate person in a timely manner
Knowledge and skills gained from this apprenticeship:
- Communicating effectively in a work environment
- How to handle information on individuals in line with national policies
- Support individuals with long term conditions
- Assisting with an individuals’ overall comfort and wellbeing
- Reporting changes in physical health
- Recognising limitations in mental capacity
- Performing basic life support for individuals
The apprenticeship is aligned to professional recognition from Employers within the Healthcare Sector.
The end-point assessment is synoptic and takes place at the end of the apprentice’s learning and development, after a minimum of 12 month’s on programme learning. It will consist of a knowledge test (30%), a structured competency-based interview (30%), a portfolio of evidence (20%) and a professional discussion relating to CPD activity (20%), which is carried out after the apprentice has met the required criteria to pass the Gateway process.
The apprenticeship is graded pass, distinction or fail based on performance in the end-point assessment.
Healthcare support worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.