Apprentice Nursery Assistant -Bright Beginnings Childcare- Leeds,LS2 9NQ-ref SB111 Bright Beginnings
We are looking for an eager individual to add to the team -Learn and implement all aspects of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and assist the team at Bright Beginnings to provide high quality care and education to children.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Jan 2022
23 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To successfully complete Level 2/Level 3 Early years qualification
- Under the direction of your supervisor and other senior staff members, learn how to deliver a high standard of childcare provision across different age groups within the setting
- Work with the room teams to learn how to develop and improve play provision and learning opportunities to encompass all areas of learning
- To learn how to observe, monitor, accurately record and action plan ‘next steps’ for the individual development of each child
- Communicate effectively and work in partnership with parents or carers in the care and . education of their child. Support centre activities designed to encourage parents' participation
- Learn, maintain, and uphold all Centre policies and procedures, particularly those relating to safeguarding and health and safety
- Maintain high standard of hygiene in relation to yourself, the children, equipment, and surroundings
- Monitor and effectively maintain all centre equipment and resources
- Take an active interest in new developments in childcare and be willing to attend all relevant training as required
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Centre Management Team appropriate to the responsibility of the post
Requirements and prospects
- For Level 2 Apprenticeship — an interest and enthusiasm in working with young children or if applying for Level 3, experience of working with young children
- Display a love of children and an empathy towards managing their care
- Good literacy and numeracy skills for the recording of children’s development and to support children’s learning
- Ability to work with others in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, staff, and parents
- Display patience and tact
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to the role
- Ability to take direction
- Willingness to learn new skills and undertake training as required
Possess GCSE level 9-4/A-C qualification in English, maths, and ICT, or the equivalent Functional Skills
For the successful candidates there may be the opportunity to progress further once the apprenticeship is complete
About the employer
Welcome to Bright Beginnings, the award-winning childcare centre. We provide high quality childcare to students and staff members at the University of Leeds.
Bright Beginnings Childcare Centre is registered with Ofsted Early Years, who have awarded us an ‘Outstanding’ grade in all aspects. Click here to read our inspection report. We accommodate up to 168 children from the age of 3 months until the term before their fifth birthday.
We operate a Playscheme during the school holidays which is registered for 32 children aged between 3 and 11 years.
We are located on Mount Preston Street on the University campus. There are various ways to get to us. The University Travel Guide can help you find us, however you wish to trave
f the art Childcare Centre opened in April 2010. As a staff team, we regularly review our practice, policies and procedures, to ensure that they meet local and national guidelines and requirements, whilst ensuring the care we offer is of the highest quality and standard.
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions
Sally Baldwin 07764966256 SallyBaldwin@eden-ts.com
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in maths, English if required
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
If you already have the Level 2 in Childcare and would like to be considered for the Early years Educator level 3 -please do still apply !
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.