Information Communications Technician Apprentice Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Information Communications Technician with Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice, a hospice based in South Yorkshire.
Closing date: 27 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
03 Jan 2022
20 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
An Information Communications Technician supports system users, helping them be productive when using technology to do their jobs by using tools to solve and troubleshoot problems. The Information Communications Technician sets people up on systems and provides support when they need it, providing training and guidance along the way.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Be a liaison between users and our IT support company and be the primary contact for the IT support provider when they cannot contact the end-user
- Providing local IT support to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Communicate effectively with users, including face to face, via email, telephone, Microsoft Teams or Zoom etc.
- Install and maintain computer hardware, laptops, audio/visual equipment, and peripherals
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Creating concise and straightforward work instructions to help staff with internal systems
- Assist with office moves and re-patching network connections as needed
- Assist the Head of IT with specific IT projects
- Maintain records and logs carrying out yearly audits on hardware, software and systems
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimise performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Fully commit to the apprenticeship's 20% off-the-job training requirements, completing an IT-related course of study and all learning and development requirements of the role
- To keep abreast of technological developments
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, staff, volunteers, children, young people and families
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Word and Excel) at a basic user level
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from different teams to achieve shared goals
- Confident and assertive
- Have a passion and predisposition for IT and technology
- Good work ethic
- Cheerful and positive outlook and attitude
- A good negotiator and communicator
- Ability to travel to other sites, either by public transport or have access to a vehicle in order to provide cover/assistance
- Able to manage the physical aspects of the role, e.g., accessing confined spaces, manual handling, lifting, carrying of IT equipment on a regular basis
- Attention to detail
- Has a passion for IT and supporting people
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths).
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Bluebell Wood is a home from home for families facing the toughest of times, with a comfy lounge and beautiful gardens. We’re always cooking up mouth-watering meals and tasty treats in the kitchen for families. There’s also plenty of fun activities for children to try, including soft play, arts and crafts, music therapy and much more.
While they’re staying with us, children have one of our eight bedrooms. If their family is staying too, then parents have their own room.
Every day, we need to raise almost £14,000 to keep our doors open, and only around 15% of our funding comes from government sources. Everything else is paid for by the wonderful work that our supporters do; whether they run, bake, leave a gift in their will or Brave the Shave.
We received an overall rating of ‘Good' in our most recent inspection undertaken by the Care Quality Commission (CQC); and are proud that we received a rating of 'Outstanding' for being a caring service.
Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Tom Crossland 01133500333 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.