Finishing Apprentice ELANDERS LTD
This is an excellent opportunity to work for established commercial print, packaging and supply chain company. You will work within a busy finishing department with Bindery, Stitching & Folding machines. You will shadow and work alongside our highly skilled and experienced employees during the apprenticeship which will provide on the job training.
Closing date: 12 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
13 Dec 2021
20 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Liaise with Team Leaders / Factory Shift Managers to ensure all work is lined up, ready and in full for machines. This includes sections and covers.
- Moving jobs around the production floor using pallet trucks and electric wheels.
- Service all finishing aspects/processes including the binding/stitching lines, folders and guillotines. This will improve the flow of work and productivity within the Finishing Department.
- As and when required provide support on the binding machines/processes.
- Assist in the feeding, operation and running of finishing equipment, after setting up by the Finishing Operator.
- To include all aspects of hand work as and when required
- Ensure finishing area is kept clean and tidy including ensuring empty pallets are moved outside.
- Train and learn the process of working on the hopper feeders to provide support to the Finishing Department.
- Be available to provide support/work overtime when demand is needed on the back of the Finishing Machines.
- Provide cover for the Environment Assistant as and when required. Training will be provided for this.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Team Leaders, Factory Shift Managers or Production Manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer Literate, effective verbal communication.
- Positive attitude, hard working, enthusiastic and motivated.
- GCSE A-C English and maths or equivalent grades.
- There is the possibility of a full time position once the apprenticeship is completed.
Things to consider
- Vacancy will close early if the right candidate is found - apply early to avoid disappointment. Please note you may be contacted via e-mail for interview.
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Aligned with the needs of our customers, Elanders improves and optimises business processes to strengthen our clients’ competitive power. The Elanders Group operates in two main business sectors; Supply Chain Solutions and Print & Packaging Solutions.
British Printing Industries Federation
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by British Printing Industries Federation
Arun Madar 07850771027 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Print Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional English/maths skills where required
- Off-the-Job Training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.