Customer Service Apprentice Boots Opticians
Two Customer Service Apprentices are required to work for a busy opticians, one of the roles will be based in Radford and the other one will be based in the Cheylesmore area of Coventry. The roles will be customer service and optical consultant based, assisting the Optometrists and providing information and assistance to customers.
Closing date: 05 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
13 Dec 2021
20 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
- Achieve high levels of sales performance and results
- Know the products inside and out and stay fresh with new merchandise and trends
- Ensure store is displayed and products are secured according to company guidelines
- Attentive to details, reviews prescriptions and identifies special needs, consulting with an Optometrist
- Perform work accurately and thoroughly, taking into account time and customer volume
- Identify situations involving unsatisfied customers and acts quickly for resolution
- Assists the customer in providing information, selecting frames and lenses that are best suited to their lifestyle and prescription needs
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills
- Selling experience would be desirable
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Customer Service skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Reliable with good time-keeping
- Smart, clean, well-presented appearance
- Highly adaptable
- Team player
GCSE Grade 4 (C) in English and maths or the equivalent.
Excellent future prospects for the right candidate, depending on attitude and performance during the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Working with the general public on a day-to-day basis.
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Boots Opticians stores have been around for over 30 years in Coventry. One of the roles will be located on the Radford Road and the other one will be located in Daventry Road, Cheylesmore.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Coventry College
Sharon Barker 02476 791742 firstname.lastname@example.org
- NVQ Level 2 Customer Service Standard
- Functional skills in maths, English and ICT
- Employment rights and responsibilities
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.