Early Year Apprentice Scotforth Afterschool Club
Demonstrate a flexible approach to day to day duties to ensure smooth running and operation of the childcare setting.
Closing date: 09 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
05 Jan 2022
19 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to day to day duties to ensure smooth running and operation of the childcare setting.
- To work as an effective part of the team ensuring you maintain good morale, positively promoting a team approach within the setting, this leading to a high reputation both in and outside of the setting.
- To ensure that you are communicating at an appropriate level with the children in your care during play.
- Ensure the children are tidy, happy and ready for their parents or carers to take home at the end of their session and to communicate with parents about their children and raise any concerns you have.
- To be open and welcoming to all parents and children and ready to answer questions or concerns when required ensuring confidentiality is maintained.
- Liaise closely with parents and carers, informing them about the childcare provision
- Have responsibility as a Key Person for a group of children and their families.
- Ensure weekly, monthly and long term planning sheets are completed and evaluated
- Ensure regular observations are carried out of your key children to inform your planning and to ensure that any concerns are raised at the earliest opportunities.
- Be prepared to undergo continuous training to keep acquainted with the latest developments in early years.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Personable and willing to offer help
- Ability to communicate with adults and children alike.
- Maths and English at a grade C or above (if not achieved will be required to do functional skills)
Possible career in Childcare
About the employer
Working in this friendly and welcoming childcare setting you will be required to work with other key worker to provide a safe and enjoyable place for children to play.
LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lancaster & Morecambe College
Mhairi MacVicar 01524521483 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 qualification
- Relevent training will be provided through Lancaster and Morecambe College in order to complete the programme
- Functional skills may also have to be comepleted
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.