Commis Chef Level 2 - The Red Lion (Daventry) Freespirit Pub Company Ltd
We are looking for an individual who wants to learn and develop within our 4 stunning countryside pubs, Within a fantastic team, plenty of valuable experiences and opportunities on offer, and a great rate of pay, Freespirit Pubs look forward to welcoming the right candidate on board.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2022
20 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Food preparation for service
- In service support of the Head Chef
- Learning and developing catering skills under tutelage of the kitchen team.
- Strong organisational skills and good time keeping
- Preparing and cooking ingredients necessary and assisting in all sections of the kitchen
- Maintaining high levels of service
- Assisting and monitoring stock, including stock rotation
- Ensuring minimum kitchen wastage
- Keeping all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Learning skills and recipes from other chefs and applying them
- Complying with all statutory regulations and food hygiene policies
- Ensure food storage areas are maintained in a safe, secure way in line with Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Basic Kitchen and Knife skills
- Team Player
- Clean and Tidy Worker
- Positive Attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Transport Preferable
GCSE Grade C/4 or equivalent qualifications in English and maths
Growth within the business
Things to consider
Please consider transport arrangements for attending work, and also for attending fortnightly at Rugby College
About the employer
A collection of 4 countryside pubs spanning across the Four Shires, with an outside catering business, a licensed wedding venue and letting rooms in 3 of the sites.
Additional location information
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Warwickshire College
Jo Barrand or Emma Rogers email@example.com
Commis chef level 2
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours covered via work place assessment visits
Attendance at Rugby College for face to fact teaching.
Online/blended masterclass attendance as required.
Online hospitality masterclass attendance, as required.
Functional, Skills English & maths level 2 (if required)
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role. All apprentices are required to complete and evidence 20% off the job learning whilst on their apprenticeship – this will include online attendance for masterclasses..
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.