Apprentice Hairdresser Weavers Ltd
Weavers Hair and Tanning are looking for an individual who wants to develop their career in Hairdressing, to join their team. If you are creative, motivated and keen to get started, then look no further, this could be the salon for you!
Closing date: 30 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
15 Jan 2022
23 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Main duties include:
- Meet and greet customers
- Shampoo and condition customers’ hair
- Maintain a clean salon
- Provide refreshments to the customers
- Prepare customers for the stylists to cut, tint hair, etc.
As you develop skills you may be given the opportunity to style hair and apply tint and colour.
Your training will require you to demonstrate your competence in shampooing and conditioning, cutting hair, tinting hair, styling hair, setting and dressing hair, and reception duties.
Requirements and prospects
- You don’t have to be the academic type and there are no set entry criteria for the Hairdressing Apprenticeship
- Be practical and well-organised
- Be a good communicator with excellent social skills
- Have attention to detail and cleanliness
- Have a high degree of dexterity and coordination
- Be well presented in all aspects including clothing and personal hygiene
- Be creative
- Enjoy meeting people
- Have a lot of energy
- Have a good sense of humour and amicable nature
- Skills dealing face to face with clients or speaking on the telephone
- Be willing to work flexible hours / days as agreed in the employment contract
- You won't need qualifications to apply but you will need the motivation and commitment to want to become a Hairdresser
- The apprenticeship programme will take up to 15-18 months to complete. During this time, you will be expected to attend the academy one day a week and four days a week in the salon - you earn while you learn. The qualifications and experience gained on this Apprenticeship will allow you to apply for further roles within this sector
Things to consider
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Here are some of our amazing team who all work together to give our clients an enjoyable, relaxed and comfortable time here.
Our team are kept up to date with the latest products, styles and techniques through our continuous education programme.
We are all committed to giving you hair you love and giving you the best advice on how to maintain and care for your hair at home.
Need some help or guidance with your hair? Get in touch - our advice is always free!
EAST SURREY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Surrey College
Anthony Ogunyomi 0208 6511131 email@example.com
- Level 2 Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard
- Hairdressers will be able to shampoo and condition hair, cut hair using a range of techniques, style and finish hair to create a variety of looks, and colour and lighten hair for ladies and men
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.