Nursery Assistant Apprentice Grove Park Pre-School Limited
Grove Park Pre-School are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and motivated individual to join their team of professionals, providing a high standard of childcare for children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years.
Closing date: 03 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Jan 2022
19 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Help to ensure the safety and security of the children in the setting especially with regard to nursery’s safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
- Assist in promoting children's enjoyment and learning through planned play experiences
- Support children's care routines such as meal and sleep times
- Help to prepare, carry out and clear away a wide range of childcare activities
- Supervise and support childrens play, extending their interests through effective observation and planning and ensuring they feel safe at all times
- Have knowledge of and implement nursery policies and procedures
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and serviceability of equipment, toys and books, etc, in the nursery
- Attend in-service training where appropriate and attend staff meetings when required
- Attend all training as arranged by your training provider, to meet targets and complete assignments set by your assessor and to endeavour to complete your course effectively and on time
- Undertake any other duties as directed by senior staff which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the position, subject to the provision that any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Have empathy and understand what it is like for a child in a nursery
- Communicate effectively with both children and adults.
- Work with others and contribute to the effectiveness of the team
- To respond positively to direction and improve own performance
- Know when to seek advice and support
- No formal qualifications are required.
- Satisfactory DBS and references.
- Further training and potential full-time employment
Things to consider
- Childcare is a very demanding industry with long hours and early starts. It requires you to be active for the majority of the day. It is also a very rewarding job as you will have an invaluable impact of the development of the children
About the employer
Our philosophy hasn't changed in 24 years and is reflected in how we recruit our staff, the equipment we provide for the children, their routines, what they eat and, most important of all to us, how we interact with them. Our priority is establishing loving, trusting, relationships with children so that they feel happy and secure.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Sam Keeble 07495 553353 email@example.com
- Childcare Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.