Business Administration Apprentice HEREFORDSHIRE VOLUNTARY ORGANISATIONS SUPPORT SERVICE
Exciting opportunity to make a difference in your own community as well as learn vital skills. Hvoss is a supportive organisation that will encourage and empower you to become confident in business administration and other key competencies. You will be based in our high street offices and work around the county as part of our Talk Community team.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2021
£138.60 to £267.30
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 Oct 2021
19 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You will work as part of our Talk Community team and support our senior management team. Key activities include:
- Answer phone calls
- Take detailed messages and pass them on appropriately
- Greet visitors and sign them in
- Handle volunteer enquiries
- Work with the volunteer database and develop knowledge of volunteering opportunities
- Keep window displays up to date
- Attend meetings as appropriate across the county with TC team
- Assist with the volunteer newsletter
- Be main point of contact for volunteers working in the office
- Keep records of work done for monitoring document
- Assist with the organising and supporting the running of events
- Develop contact within the sector
- Take notes at meetings
- Learn to use JotForm, Constant Contacts, Canva and website editing (training and support will be given)
- Help with social media including Facebook and Twitter
- Assist with mailing lists
- Make teas/coffees for visitors
We are an inclusive organisation, committed to equality of opportunity and inclusion, and a supportive team.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident use of IT including Windows software
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Interest in your community
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and inclusion
- Curious and keen to learn
- Initiative and creativity
- Helpful, encouraging and supportive approach
- GCSE A-C English or equivalent grades
- Functional maths or numeracy
Hvoss leads on a number of projects and key activities in the county. There may be opportunities in which you will be interested.
Things to consider
You will be based in our Broad Street office in the centre of Hereford but will travel with the team around the county to events and meetings.
You will need to work outside usual office hours sometimes.
About the employer
Hvoss is a charity based in Hereford city. We are a membership and infrastructure organisation providing information, guidance and support to volunteers, charities, voluntary and community groups in Herefordshire. Our vision is a vibrant and active local voluntary and community sector.
HEREFORDSHIRE GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Herefordshire Group Training Association
Hayley Grismond 01432 377010 firstname.lastname@example.org
Training through HWGTA normally comprises of five days per week in company with one day release as and when required at our Training Centre at Holmer Road, doing an appropriate course of study. Functional Skills Maths, English (if required)
A monthly monitoring visit in company will also take place, during which we make ourselves available for discussion about any special training that may be useful to you, and to identify and resolve problems if they arise.
At the end of your training period you will be put through to an end point assessment with an external verifier where you will showcase and evidence your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
In addition, the training programme includes an optional 5-day team building residential course, usually held in April/May each year.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.