Production Chef Apprentice Sharon Foster and Ross Rankine
The Daffodil Tea Room are looking to recruit a hardworking and passionate apprentice chef to join their kitchen team. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 14 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
19 Dec 2021
19 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Day to day duties will include:
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- dapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Use specialist kitchen equipment
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
- Commit to personal development activities
- Check, prepare, assemble, cook, regenerate, hold and present food meeting the needs of the customers and maintaining organisational standards and procedures
- Use kitchen tools and equipment correctly to produce consistently high quality dishes according to specifications
- Produce dishes to suit individuals specific dietary, religious and allergenic needs as required
- Able to work alongside the head chef, and share in our recipes
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
- Willing to learn
- A*-D (9-3) maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential
- Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are a family run business that opened September 2020, and we are going from strength to strength.
Although we are tearoom, with our chef that joined with thirty years' experience, we are now classed as a bistro serving fine dining. We hold monthly evening events, where we have themes and life music, so far, we have showcased, fish night, Tapas, sharing menu’s etc all which have been sold out before the event.
We hold an alcohol license, serve regular afternoon teas, and a wide variety of food to cater for all needs.
We do cater for GF, Vegan etc
We sit as a team regular to discuss improvements and look for new ideas from all staff members. We work closely as a team, and everyone is important to us, staff and customers.
Sharon Foster and Ross Rankine
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Production Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/production-chef-v1-0 Functional Skills English and Maths (Level 2 is required ) 18 month duration
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.