Dental Nursing Apprenticeship Kinver Dental and Implant Surgery
Working towards a level 3 dental nursing qualification. This is an exciting opportunity to work and train at the same time to become a qualified member of the team as a practice dental nurse. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full-time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 17 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
20 Dec 2021
19 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Take instruction from the dentist, responding efficiently and accurately
- Ensure the dentist's comments regarding the condition of the patient's mouth throughout the check-up are recorded correctly
- The surgery and any relevant materials must be prepared in time, taking care to sterilise all instruments and working areas
- Dental instruments must be ready to be passed to the dentist when needed
- Booking appointments
- Cleaning equipment and surgery
- Record information relayed by the dentist accurately at all times
- Dental nurses may, at times, be required to assist on the reception desk of the practice where they will need to answer the telephone and welcome patients to the dental practice
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining a professional manner at all times
- Prepared to undertake all tasks in the practice such as manning the reception area
- Good communication skills
- Friendly and pleasant manner
- Able to build relationships with both colleagues and patients
- Calm under pressure
- Able to reassure when dealing with nervous patients
- Able to handle college and practice workload
- Must have Grade 4/C or above in both maths and English or functional skill level 2 (or the equivalent)
To become a qualified member of the team and also undertake further qualifications to add to your scope of practice.
About the employer
We are a dental practice based in the small village of Kinver.
Our dental surgeons have over 30 combined years of experience in dentistry.
We are proud to be a British Dental Association Gold Standard Practice and are committed to providing excellent quality dentistry and care for our patients.
Kinver Dental and Implant Surgery
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Lisa Barton Lisa.email@example.com
- Level 3 Advanced Dental Nursing Diploma - provided by Sandwell College
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.