Hairdressing Apprentice Andrew Hill
A top leading Salon in the South West are looking for Apprentices to join their ever expanding business. You will be learning from the most creative and experience members of staff which will support you throughout you Apprenticeship in conclusion with PGL Training as the learning provider. The Salon has an incredible reputation.
Closing date: 13 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
20 Jan 2022
18 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As an Apprentice your duties will include:
- Meeting clients
- Answering the phone
- Making bookings
- Helping colleagues with clients
- Cleaning and making refreshments
- As you progress you will become involved in styling, colouring and cutting hair.
You will receive a full induction in the salon with ongoing support throughout your Apprenticeship. This salon has a fully Qualified Assessor based in the Salon so you will have the opportunity to excel in your qualification with the extra support from this member of staff.
You will be assisting stylists in ensuring that all clients are given the highest levels of customer service with special attention to comfort and friendliness. You will also generate and promote a professional working atmosphere and assist stylists in advising clients in all aspects of services available, including advising clients of all products, tools and equipment available for retail purchase
By assisting the Salon Manger and the stylists, you will gain the necessary knowledge and experience to help you to progress in this exciting career.
You will be supervised by a fully qualified member of staff throughout your training.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Being able to work with a a wide range of people
- Being able to work as part of a team
- You will need to be punctual and good with time
- You will need to be organised and efficient
- Keen to want to learn and improve skills
- Work well under pressure
- Being able to make conversation with clients in a professional manner
- Strong Work Ethic
- Problem-Solving Skills
- An awareness of health and safety issues
- Bubbly outgoing personality
- Good practical skills
- Good customer service skills
- Kind and polite
- Hard working
- Enjoy helping others
- A good sense of humour
After completing an Apprenticeship you may have the chance to progress onto an Advanced Apprenticeship in Hairdressing or Barbering. There may be the chance for full time employment for the right person.
Things to consider
Working in a salon is tiring and means standing all day. Being on time is especially important as you don’t want to keep clients waiting and you must be flexible and be prepared to be working long hours.
About the employer
The Andrew Hill Salon Hairdressers in Newton Abbot Devon are one of the leading names in hairdressing in the South West, well known for bespoke hairdressing, impeccable service, a reputation built on 30 years and an experience not to be missed.
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Sophia Bos 01392537560 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Functional Skills maths Level 1 or 2 ( If required)
- Functional Skills English Level 1 or 2 ( If required)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.