Adult Care Apprentice OLD Vicarage Rest Home
A fantastic opportunity for good natured individuals who are interested in the care sector. As an Adult Care Apprentice you will be working within in an Older Peoples Setting, supporting residents on a day to day basis to meet their individual needs.
Closing date: 10 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
17 Jun 2022
18 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will support people to:
- Engage in social activities on and off site
- Develop and maintain friendships and relationships
- Meet all aspects of their personal care including showering, dressing and toilet needs
- Understand a variety of diets for specific residents needs
You must be able to communicate verbally and in writing to a good standard, understand and follow risk policies as well as accident and incident reporting procedures.
You must be able to identify and report any safeguarding concerns in line with the Company’s safeguarding and whistle-blowing procedures.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a wide range of people
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to complete and record observations of people you support
- Ability to work within and follow set guidelines and plans e.g. Individual Support Plans, Risk Assessments
- Ability to meet personal care needs of people within the guidelines set by a support plan
- To contribute to the organisation and running of social activities
- Positive team member
- Ability to work as part of a team and lone working.
- The ability to use own initiative.
- The ability to listen and respond to peoples needs.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
- Experience is preferable but a desire and an understanding of working in a caring role
- Existing level 2 holders will be considered for a level 3 apprenticeship
- The Old Vicarge has a long history of retaining it’s staff long term opportunities for progression to Level 3 or a full time position are available through discussion with management at the point of completion of the Apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Please take some time to ensure you complete the application in full. This is the first impression an employer receives of you so make sure you have checked all spellings (and used Capital letters and punctuation correctly), it may be of benefit to use a word document and paste on to the application, thus making multiple applications easier
- Remember to include ALL of your qualifications and grades from school and any College/University you have attended. Whether you have achieved them or they are predicted, especially your results in maths and English.
- If you need any further assistance or information on this vacancy, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to quote the vacancy title
- Due to the high volumes of applications we receive for some of our apprenticeship vacancies, we reserve the right to close any adverts before the published closing date, once we have received a sufficient number of applications.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Old Vicarage is a family run care home which offers many aspects of individual care to support the independence of its residents in later life.
The atmosphere throughout the home is one of a luxury country-house retreat and a welcoming homely environment.
In addition, a small number of beautiful bungalows within the grounds are available for rent. These allow elderly residents to experience a more independent lifestyle, whilst being able to take advantage of the support and services provided from within the care home
Additional location information
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bolton College
Andrew Hughes 01204 482954 email@example.com
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker Standard
- The Care Certificate (Skills for Health)
- Job specific specialised training e.g dementia
- End Point Assessment
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.