Hair Apprentice at The Strand Gemma Scott
A fantastic opportunity to become one of the team at The Strand in the heart of Chelmsford City Centre. If you're passionate about hair, eager to learn and hard working, get in touch today.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
16 Dec 2021
19 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Apprenticeship duties – working towards Hair Professional Standard
- Supporting and assisting stylists
- Dealing with clients
- Answering the phone
Attending regular training sessions in salon and at JET Hairdressing Academy to achieve Hair Professional qualification and Functional Skills English and maths at Level 2
Requirements and prospects
- Punctual, reliable, well-mannered and have respect for others
- Willing to learn new skills
- Positive outlook on life, good communicator
- Ability to show initiative and work independently
- GCSE or equivalent English Language A*- C or 9-4 preferred
- GCSE or equivalent maths A* - C or 9-4 preferred
Progression from apprentice to stylist for the right applicant
Things to consider
Standing for long periods of time, ability to think on your feet!
- At least one late night working in the salon
- Work based learning apprenticeship
- Would be advantageous to live within the local area to the salon
From the 1st April 2021 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
About the employer
The Strand is a hair & beauty salon based in the heart of Chelmsford. We pride ourselves in delivering the highest technical skills and great customer care as well as keeping up to date with latest techniques, trends and technology in the hairdressing industry.
J & E TRAINING CONSULTANTS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by JET Hairdressing Academy
Jet Hairdressing Academy 01268 286403 email@example.com
- Intermediate Hair Professional Standard
- Training delivered in-salon by Jet Hairdressing Academy and The Strand
- Opportunities to attend extra practical seminars at JET in Basildon
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.