Ground Worker Apprentice EASTWOOD CIVILS & GROUNDWORKS LTD
Eastwood Civils & Groundworks based in Goole are looking to employ a new apprentice to join their Groundworks team. The ideal candidate needs to be enthusiastic, willing to learn and develop new skills. Applicant must live close to the business.
Closing date: 04 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Jan 2022
18 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
If you enjoy practical work and want a job outdoors, then working in groundworks could be for you.
To be a groundworks apprentice, you will need:
- A willingness to participate in manual labour
- An ability to work well in a team
- A willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Good communication skills for dealing with the public
- To be safety conscious and develop a good understanding of health and safety procedures and safe working practices.
There are no set entry requirements to become a ground worker. You may have an advantage if you have some previous experience. Some employers may ask for GCSEs in subjects like Maths and English, or equivalent.
Groundworkers are employed in construction jobs throughout the country where they are tasked to work on construction sites. This could be on housing development sites or various projects that involve ground preparation, foundations, or footing for new buildings.
- Ground working – marking out and digging shallow trenches for foundations and drains
- Form working – putting up or dismantling the shuttering that holds setting concrete in place
- Installing drainage and manholes
- Concreting – layering and smoothing concrete for foundations, floors and beams
- Minor road working – concreting, laying kerbs, paving and re-surfacing.
As an apprentice you would also use various hand or power tools and with further training and experience operate construction plant such as dumpers-rollers or excavators.
This position is ideal for an apprentice that wants every job to be different and learn a variety of different tasks.
The duties of this apprenticeship will include the above plus any additional duties and responsibilities that may reasonably be expected to be undertaken in accordance with the role.
Successful candidates will be able to start this career through our apprenticeship scheme.
A full driving licence is desirable but not essential.
Requirements and prospects
- You will need to show a keen interest in the construction sector and have good practical skills
- You will be able to follow instructions and work as part of a team
- You will be punctual, reliable, enthusiastic and eager to learn
- You will have a flexible attitude in relation to working hours and working patterns (the working day will finish when the job is complete)
- You will enjoy working outdoors
No formal qualifications are required for this role. Candidates without qualifications in Maths and English will have to work towards achieving level 2 during the apprenticeship training.
Eastwood Civils & Groundworks are looking to expand their team of groundworker’s and recruit a candidate to undertake the apprenticeship training whilst in full-time employment with them.
You must show the desire and motivation to progress your career by working hard and adhering to the terms and conditions of employment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to start their career with a highly reputable and well-established company.
Things to consider
The successful candidate will be required to attend CP Assessments Training Centre in Denaby Main, Doncaster on 3 day block-release sessions every 8 weeks to complete their apprenticeship training.
About the employer
Eastwood Civils & Groundworks have a highly skilled and experienced team with years of experience and provide a wide range of services such as excavation, groundwork and mowing.
CONSTRUCTION AND PLANT ASSESSMENTS LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Construction And Plant Assessments Ltd
Lindsey Russell 01709 868181 firstname.lastname@example.org
- L2 Groundworker Apprenticeship Standard
- NPORS item of Plant
- CSkills CSCS Health & Safety Environment Test and Card
- Silica Awareness
- Asbestos Awareness
- Manual Handling Awareness
- Abrasive Wheels Awareness
- Functional Skills Mathematics
- Functional Skills English
- Employer Rights Responsibilities
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.