Bricklaying Apprenticeship Level 2 Harrison Smith Interiors Ltd
Wanting a trade for life? How would you feel about an apprenticeship that gives you all you need to become a skilled tradesman? Discover the construction industry, be part of the fast-paced environment and unravel its rewarding future!
Closing date: 30 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Jun 2022
17 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Unsure what trade to learn? Would you like to gain industry qualifications, a good salary and work with a dedicated employer?
If the answer is yes, this Apprenticeship is the Apprenticeship you’ve been looking for and will give you all you need to secure your future in this exciting and expanding industry. Harrison Smith Interiors is an experienced company who have the time and passion to provide great training and provide a lifelong career.
The training for this position will give you a strong understanding of the bricklaying trade, allowing you to study at Rotherham College or Dearne Valley College with their professional teaching staff.
This opportunity will give you the tools to become indispensable within the industry and it will open up the many doors this trade can offer, therefore we are looking for a special kind of candidate who will thrive in all aspects of the business and who wants to discover the secrets behind the trade and develop into a highly skilled trade’s person.
In return for your hard work, commitment and skill development, you will receive £400 - £688 per month as well as an industry recognised qualification, making sure you have a trade for life and the ability to shape the future of this company.
Job Duties will include to:
- Constructing Cavity Walling, Solid Walling and Foundations
- Constructing Floors
- Laying Drainage
- Laying Concrete
- Setting out buildings
- Constructing decorative and curved brickwork
- Repairing and maintaining masonry structures
- Using mechanical equipment
- Other duties given out by Manager
- Excellent Career progression
- Working within a friendly family run organisation
- Options to secure a long-standing position with the business
- A salary which is reviewed on performance
- Industry qualifications and experience
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY MAY CLOSE BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE.
Requirements and prospects
- Interpersonal skills speaking to other employees across the business and confidence when speaking to customers
- Eager to learn
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to work hard and complete tasks assigned
- Asking questions if unsure about tasks assigned
- Good timekeeping
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise on your own initiative, including when under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work flexibly and enthusiastically within a team or on your own initiative.
- Career driven and wanting to push themselves
- Ability to take instruction when needed
Minimum requirement of 4 GCSE’s Grade A*- C including maths and English (or equivalent).
Recognised qualifications that will help you to secure a long-term career.
Progression within the business.
Things to consider
All applicants should consider the location of the job and look whether it is within suitable travelling distance to them. You will be required to travel to various sites so own transport is an advantage.
We are unable to accept graduate and candidates with degree level qualifications.
Due to the high number of applications received we cannot respond to unsuccessful candidates. To monitor your applications you need to log on to the Av system and check your ‘Manage Applications ladder’
About the employer
Harrison Smith Interiors are a local family run business, their services cover every room in the home, from kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms through to a complete building service, with the benefit of a full interior design package.
This opportunity will see you working on bespoke projects for mainly residential and domestic customers with some commercial projects.
With the industry expanding and a mass shortage of skilled staff, Harrison Smith Interiors have a career defining opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate to become a fully qualified Joiner and an integral part of the team.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Rotherham College of Arts & Technology
Lorraine Savage 07713 319356 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bricklaying Level 2
- Functional Skills
- End Point Assessment
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.