Nursery Practitioner Apprenticeship Highgrove Nursery
Highgrove Nursery are looking for an apprentice to help support the care and education of all the children in the Nursery, whilst studying towards an early years apprenticeship.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
16 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We are looking for a Nursery Practitioner to join our busy team caring for children between the ages of two and a half and three and a half years of age. If you have passion for delivering the very best childcare provision and have the relevant qualifications and experience we would welcome your application.
- To help support the care and education of all the children in the Nursery
- To work in compliance with the EYFS, ISI, Ofsted, Safeguarding, and Health and Safety regulations in line with the Queens College and EYFS policies and procedure
- To be proactive in maintaining and providing appropriate and safe resources and equipment that will support the children’s welfare and development
- Work in partnership with parents, carers, staff and a variety of internal and external multiagency services and professionals
- Support the vision of the Queens College ethos
- To help plan and implement appropriate programmes of activity and high quality care
- Contribute to the collaborative working of the Queen’s Highgrove Nursery staff team
- To assist in the day to day operational and administration procedures of the Queen’s Highgrove Nursery
Requirements and prospects
- An understanding of play and child development and the ability to meet the needs of individual children.
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with parents and young children.
- Aware of the importance of communicating effectively and sensitively with parents and young children.
- Ability to devise activities that will support children’s individual development within the EYFS guidelines.
- Ability to take instruction from a senior or more experienced member of staff
- Possess a good level of oral and written English language
- Ability to develop the skills needed to be a reflective practitioner.
- Approachable, cheerful and helpful disposition
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Sense of Humour
- Patient and reliable
- Willingness to learn from more experienced staff
- Willingness to work flexibly within the role.
- Professional and presentable for role.
- Desire to provide high quality Early Years care and education.
- Current Paediatric First Aid Training - can be completed during induction period
- Current Food hygiene Qualification - can be completed during induction period
- Current Introduction to Child Protection training - can be completed during induction period
- Possess or working towards a GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics and English
- Some knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and Statutory Framework
- Experience of working in an Early Years setting with children under 3 years, preferred
Possible permanent position within the Nursery upon completion of apprenticeship
About the employer
Queen's Highgrove Nursery provides exceptional standards in childcare for 0-3 year olds.
We offer the highest standard of care and education by enthusiastic, qualified and experienced staff. Our nursery offers three dedicated age appropriate rooms, a purpose-built kitchen and an appealing sensory garden. We pride ourselves in providing an exceptional nurturing experience in a beautiful, warm and traditional environment. Children may progress to our Nursery School and through to formal education in our Pre-Prep, Junior and Senior Schools.
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Lauren Coughlan 01753596004 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Early Years Educator
- Functional skills in English and maths if required
The Childcare Company is an Ofsted ‘Grade 2 Good’ established leading National training provider delivering high quality apprenticeships in partnership with childcare employers to support the development and growth of our workforce.
The Childcare Company is dedicated that each apprentice has the best possible learning journey, by providing training that develops the apprentice’s workplace skills, knowledge and personal development (behaviours) that will have a positive impact on them, in their workplace and in the wider society and most importantly sets a solid foundation to progress in their chosen career path.
Training is delivered through blended learning. Supported by one our sector specialist tutors the tutor will deliver teaching sessions using a variety of methods including; face to face, Skype, virtual classroom, face time and telephone and additionally provide support and motivation. Working in partnership with the employer, apprentices will be provided with ‘on the job’ and ‘off the job’ training during their paid working hours.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.