Accounts & Payroll Assistant Apprentice Accounting Direct Plus Ltd
Join our leading accounting business in Palmers Green, North London. You will part of a small team and will develop your accounting skills, gain your Level 3 Accounting (AAT) qualification, whilst gaining experience with a successful accountancy firm.
Closing date: 20 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
13 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Input changes to the payroll system i.e. salary changes, department changes, tax codes, third party payments etc.
- Calculate hours worked from time and attendance reports and Input to the payroll system
- Calculate holiday pay and input to payroll system
- Process all payment information to ensure timely payments to employees
- Run Weekly & Monthly payrolls
- Preparation of relevant reports
- Maintain electronic payslip system
- Maintaining payroll records for benefits & pension purposes and administering changes where necessary
- Dealing with general pay and tax queries
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Excel and Word
- Fully operational in both spoken and written English
- Experienced IT user
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to deal with clients
- Good team player
- Ability to learn fast and to take initiatives
- GCSE English and maths at grades A* - C or Level 9 - 4
- 3 other GCSEs of the same grade band or qualifications of the equivalent
- If the applicant is successful they can go on to a Level 4 Apprenticeship or into further training or employment
Things to consider
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
ADPL is one of the leading accountancy firms in the country. Over the course of 20 years, we have collated an unrivalled knowledge, unparalleled attention to detail and unmatched service for our clients.
We're determined to maintain our proud reputation of reliability & efficiency.
Accounting Direct Plus is recognised as an ACCA practice and is regulated by ACCA.
We are requested and under an obligation to train our members of the team on an annual basis to ensure our team is up to date. For this purposes, we have a training contract with HAT Training company.
Accounting Direct Plus Ltd
FIRST RUNG LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Beverley Woodhouse 07805980150 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 AAT (Assistant Accountant) Apprenticeship Standard Qualification
- Any other relevant training on the job
- Functional skills in maths and English (if applicable)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.