Dental Nurse Apprentice Deljit Singh-Terpot
Fantastic opportunity to train as a Dental Nurse. No previous experience or qualifications are required as full training will be given. Working in a busy dental practice you will learn and earn at the same time to become fully qualified.
Closing date: 20 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
24 Jan 2022
17 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Working towards an Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing for a Dental Practitioner, the ideal candidate must have an interest in a career in Dental Nursing.
The role includes:
- Working alongside the dentist taking instruction from them and responding in an appropriate manner
- Maintaining good infection control procedures and adhering to policies and protocols
- Ensuring cleanliness of surgery, equipment and instruments used and carrying out general housekeeping duties
- Dictate information from dentist and recording patient information correctly
- Arrange appointments, answering calls and inputting data on the computer
- Assist with administration tasks and ensure records are kept up to date and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Good communication skills and customer service awareness is needed to maintain a high level of service within the dental practice
- Dental Nurses interact daily with patients and therefore you must be able to make patients feel welcome and offer reassurance to anxious patients endeavouring to make their experience as comfortable as possible
Requirements and prospects
- Hardworking and able to work quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining a professional manner at all times
- Work to a high level of accuracy and show attention to detail
- Must demonstrate good communication and organisational skills
- Well presented
- Proactive approach towards learning
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Friendly manner and be able to reassure others with a professional manner
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Eager to learn
- Passionate about a career in the Dental industry
GCSE grade A*-C/9-4 in maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
Once qualified you can register as a dental nurse with the General Dental Council. Progression routes are available and you can study further in dental related qualifications at Level 4.
- Oral Health Education
Things to consider
- Require Hep B inoculation
- Very busy and fast pace
- Being exposed to bodily fluids – blood, saliva etc.
- bonus incentive payments made on performance
About the employer
Friendly team of 10, been established 30 years
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Emma Worth 01922 688638 email@example.com
Dental Nurse level 3.
Weekly release will be held at our Birmingham Campus or at our Telford Campus. Successful applicants will need to be flexible to commute to either of the above locations.
Full-time apprentices will typically spend 18 months on-programme (before the gateway) working towards the occupational standard, with a minimum of 20% off the-job training.
The purpose of the end point assessment (EPA) is to test that an apprentice is fully capable of doing their job before they receive their apprenticeship certificate. It also helps to demonstrate that what an apprentice has learned can be applied in the real world.
The focus is now on the outcome of an apprenticeship and apprentices have to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and behaviours that employers have identified they need.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.