Apprentice Care Assistant Alpha Health Care Ta Waters Edge
To participate fully in the Care Home Team and to provide a professional care service to service users, working alongside other care assistants and under the direction of the nurse-in charge. Ensuring the highest standards of person centred, caring, safe, responsive and effective care is delivered to all service users at all times.
Closing date: 10 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
13 Dec 2021
13 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Work as a team member to support the provision of a service which maximises the quality of life for our service users each and every day.
Duties will include:
- To actively participate in the provision of the service user care philosophy in the care home in order to ensure the highest possible level of care at all times
- A professional, caring, efficient and prompt service is provided to Service Users at all times
- Full assistance is provided to the service users, as required, in accomplishing activities of daily living such as assisting at mealtimes, dressing, bathing and providing personal care
- All equipment provided in the care home is used properly and in accordance with operating instructions
- A high level of team spirit is entered into in order to maintain good team morale
- Ensure proper procedures are followed in relation to relevant Covid-19 precautions
- To ensure full compliance with process to ensure confidentiality of information
- To ensure that all relevant health & safety and safeguarding procedures are observed at all times
- The company uniform is worn at all times whilst at work and when it is properly maintained and laundered
- Ensure a clean and tidy appearance is maintained at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Advocating for service users
- Ability to work independently and within a team, to plan and manage a complex workload, meet deadlines, problem solve and respond to unplanned demands
- Passion for care
- Positive attitude
- Strong passion to help others and willingness to learn
- Maths and English GCSE A-C (8-4) grade or equivalent qualifications
The potential of a permanent position and further career development with Alpha Health Care upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Employment checks required – including DBS check and references.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Private Health Care Provider (elderly residential care home setting).
We are driven by a passion to deliver a level of care that enhances the quality of life for each of our residents, no matter the complex nature of their dementia or physical health needs.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Emma Worth 01922 688638 email@example.com
Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship standard:
- Care Certificate
- Diploma in health and Social Care
- Functional skills if required
No travelling to Walsall required, training to be based on site.
Full-time apprentices will typically spend 15 months on-programme (before the gateway) working towards the occupational standard, with a minimum of 20% off the-job training.
The purpose of the end point assessment (EPA) is to test that an apprentice is fully capable of doing their job before they receive their apprenticeship certificate. It also helps to demonstrate that what an apprentice has learned can be applied in the real world.
The focus is now on the outcome of an apprenticeship and apprentices have to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and behaviours that employers have identified they need.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.