Production Chef Apprentice Moorlands Care Home
Moorlands Care is a small family run care home who would like to recruit a production chef to their small and friendly team. You will be able to demonstrate an eagerness to learn new skills and once qualified you will become a valuable part of the team.
Closing date: 17 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Jan 2022
12 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities will include:
1. To order fresh food and other foodstuff supplies from Preferred Suppliers.
2. To regularly monitor performance of suppliers and to check that suppliers' prices remain competitive, ensuring that the Proprietor are kept informed accordingly.
3. To regularly monitor stock control and to inform the Proprietor of any discrepancies. To ensure proper stock rotation of foodstuffs to minimise wastage, and to dispose of promptly any foodstuff found to be past "sell-by" dates for any reason.
4. To account for all monies issued and receipts obtained.
5. To prepare menus as agreed with the Proprietor, observing residents' special dietary needs where appropriate.
6. To prepare nutritional food and beverages to a high standard, and promptly in accordance with agreed meal times.
7. To prepare special diet meals as needed, and as directed through appropriate Diet Sheets / Care Plans. To liaise with Senior Care Staff to keep abreast of any changes in residents' dietary requirements.
8. To ensure timely and efficient cleaning of all dishes and cooking utensils.
9. To maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen and food storage areas at all times, in accordance with the appropriate Food Hygiene Regulations.
10. To ensure management and implementation of safe working procedures and practices in accordance with Health & Safety legislation.
11. To ensure safe operation and maintenance, as needed, of all kitchen equipment. To remove from use and to report to the Proprietor any item of equipment found to be faulty or deemed unsafe.
12. To ensure formal monitoring and recording of refrigerator, chiller and freezer temperatures in accordance with Environmental Health requirements, and to ensure their verification with a calibrated thermometer, according to procedures.
13. To assist the Proprietor in the resolution of any complaints concerning the catering service.
14. To undertake other duties, as may be necessary from time-to-time.
Requirements and prospects
- Being a team player
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Confidence to ask if unsure of anything
- Ability to get on with all members of the team
- Reliable and punctual
- A good attitude
Maths and English grades C/4 or above or equivalent.
A full time permanent position would be available on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The employer is keen to support their apprentice and will review their salary within a short period following the start of their apprenticeship. They are looking for a team player and someone who wants to give their residents their best service.
About the employer
Moorlands Care is a small 19 bed, family run care home in Darlington overlooking Stanhope Park. Only 5 minutes walk from the town centre and have a vast array of local amenities such as cafe's, pubs and shops on the doorstep
Moorlands Care Home
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Darlington College
Kay Sherwen 07483103284 email@example.com
- Production Chef Level 2
- Functional skills maths and English Level 2 where required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.