Fenestration Installation Apprentices DEVON AND CORNWALL WINDOWS LTD
Devon and Cornwall Windows are looking to take on two fenestration (window) installation apprentices to join their team in Launceston.
Closing date: 08 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Jan 2022
12 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- The successful applicant will be working within an installation team of two or more people.
- You will be paired up with an experienced installer, and given full training on how to fit a variety of windows, PVCu doors, composite doors, bi-folds, french doors and conservatories.
- You will make sure that the new windows fit the space available, enlarging or reducing the space if necessary. If existing windows have to be removed, you will use hand and power tools to remove the windows.
- Training will be given on correct installation methods which is in-line with building regulations, as well as Health and Safety regulations.
- The successful applicant will be given the opportunity to work on large sites, for some of the UK’s largest house builders.
- You will be using a variety of different tools, including hand and power tools.
- The work can involve working at heights, using ladders and scaffolding, and some heavy lifting so please bare this in mind when applying for the position.
- You will be working indoors and outdoors and can involve some work in various weather conditions.
- There may be some seasonal variation in the work and most fenestration firms are busiest in the warmer, drier summer months.
Requirements and prospects
- The successful apprentice must have the ability to communicate with a range of other people including customers and colleagues.
- They must also have good time keeping skills.
- The successful candidate must be able to work well within a team and get on with people of all ages.
- They must be polite, courteous and friendly.
- You must also be honest and trustworthy as you may be working in customers in their own homes.
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths above a C (4/5) is desirable but a positive attitude and good work ethic is essential.
This role offers great opportunity for progression, so after having completed your apprenticeship in Fenestration Installation, you will have the opportunity to build upon your existing skills and knowledge with Devon and Cornwall Windows to become an experienced installer.
Things to consider
The work can involve working at heights, using ladders and scaffolding, and some heavy lifting so please bare this in mind when applying for the position.
About the employer
As a supplier of high quality double glazing and over 20 years’ experience in the trade, Devon and Cornwall Windows can help with any project however big or small, from domestic home improvements to large commercial contracts.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Skills Group 01752 332442 email@example.com
The Apprenticeship includes:
- Level 2 Fenestration Installer Standard
Most aspects of your training will be delivered on-site with the employer, and you will have regular site visits every six to eight weeks from your designated assessor, who will monitor your progress throughout your apprenticeship programme.
Skills Group will also support you to achieve Emergency First Aid and a Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
You will also be supported by Skills Group to complete your CSCS online test, to achieve your CSCS Card which enables you to carry out site work, if required.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.